GCIH Passed!

TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finished the exam in 52 minutes! I didn't even touch my index once!

I was glad to have this over and wished I could have done it sooner.

Took the class at one of their conferences. Used their books and on demand. Scored a 75% and 83% on the practice exams. Ended up with a 83% on the actual exam.

Next on my to do list is ITIL, Mobility+, and probably GCED/GCIA
These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You finished about 5 minutes faster than me. icon_thumright.gif
    Congrats!
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not me, I finished with maybe 5 minutes to spare. I thought it was a pretty a tough exam. Congratulations.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    Can I get a copy of your index? I'm too busy at work to do mine and would like to use yours to compare it to mine when I have time to work on mine when I'm not too busy at work but since I'm busy at work, can I get a copy of yours to compare to mine?

(LOL, j/k. Congrats on the pass. That cert is on my radar once I finish my degree)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats!

@TranceSoulBrother, you had me there for a sec.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass! I hope to join you in a few weeks. So you didn't need the index at all? I have not created one and am skeptical of even bothering based on the course content so far. But it seems ragingly popular to do so for some reason.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So I will say that I might be an anomaly. I would say make the index. Because even if I didn't use it, making one made me read the material. That way if you get frozen you aren't stuck.

I will still make one for the next exam that I make. The biggest thing I would say is don't fret. I've done the CEH, eJPT, and now GCIH and I can say with confidence that the SANS exams with adequate preparation can be completed. That means reading the books. I also wouldn't say they are super difficult in comparison to other exams. However if you check my blog you can see how much material I read and watch.

yoba222 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! I hope to join you in a few weeks. So you didn't need the index at all? I have not created one and am skeptical of even bothering based on the course content so far. But it seems ragingly popular to do so for some reason.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    yoba222 wrote: »
    So you didn't need the index at all? I have not created one and am skeptical of even bothering based on the course content so far. But it seems ragingly popular to do so for some reason.

It depends on how familiar you are with the material. I suggest you do an initial index and take the practice exam to gauge yourself. The index will be handy if you are aiming for more than 90% score and invitation to join GIAC Advisory Board
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    The index will be handy if you are aiming for more than 90% score and invitation to join GIAC Advisory Board

I think if you get a 100%, you get a invitation to the Playboy Mansion Advisory board, that's the one I always shoot for.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I think if you get a 100%, you get a invitation to the Playboy Mansion Advisory board, that's the one I always shoot for.
    You had me at advisory board. Let me know when you received the invite. :)