Looking for info regarding the Cloud+ cert

LethalKnowledgeLethalKnowledge Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just finished getting my A+ and Net+ around a week ago, now I'm interested in Cloud+. My only concern is that I'm not quite sure if it will benefit me in any way, is there many places that actually look for Cloud+ and if so what would it mostly entail?

Most of the cloud jobs I see seem like its dev type of work like coding etc.

Also, I'm curious if cloud+ doesn't really seem too beneficial what are your thoughts on Server+ ?
My school provides us with a certain amount of vouchers and I still have one Comptia voucher left so I'm trying to decide what I should use it on. Thanks.

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just finished getting my A+ and Net+ around a week ago, now I'm interested in Cloud+. My only concern is that I'm not quite sure if it will benefit me in any way, is there many places that actually look for Cloud+ and if so what would it mostly entail?

Also, I'm curious if cloud+ doesn't really seem too beneficial what are your thoughts on Server+ ?
    My school provides us with a certain amount of vouchers and I still have one Comptia voucher left so I'm trying to decide what I should use it on. Thanks.

Do you work on cloud applications?
  • LethalKnowledgeLethalKnowledge Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you mean am I a developer then no not by any means, I'm just kind of interested in the whole cloud/networking aspect of things. Kind of just trying to figure out what path I want to take I guess, pretty new to the whole IT field.
    I work as a Cloud Security Analyst and I can tell you upfront, certifications(in cloud) won't help unless they're back by skill to contribute.
  • LethalKnowledgeLethalKnowledge Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Obviously, I'm not going to just braindump a cert and expect not to be tested on the material lol. And I'd also say that certs alone won't always help you in every aspect of IT, not just the cloud. Now I'm pretty curious to how you got the position you're in now if certs don't help in the cloud since you had to start somewhere? what certs do you have and how did you go about getting the position you're currently in? thanks.
    Obviously, I'm not going to just braindump a cert and expect not to be tested on the material lol. And I'd also say that certs alone won't always help you in every aspect of IT, not just the cloud. Now I'm pretty curious to how you got the position you're in now if certs don't help in the cloud since you had to start somewhere? what certs do you have and how did you go about getting the position you're currently in? thanks.

I have a bachelors in Information Security and also a Masters. I only have several certifications, but I've been in IT for quite sometime and so I was transitioned into a security role from a different company. Now, I work as a Cloud Security Analyst on AWS.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Take a look at the exam objectives for both tests and see which seems to line up more with where you'd like to see your career going. Neither shows up a huge amount in job requirements, but that doesn't mean there's not value in having them on your resume.

Cloud+ in particular is likely to be renewed sometime soon, based on the SME workshops Comptia has had scheduled in last 3 months and next 3 months, but I don't know of any details as to what will be changed. It may make existing study materials obsolete though.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the Cloud+ recently. I did the INE videos but if you did ITPro.tv they also have Cloud+ videos.

I used this book: https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Cloud-Certification-Study-CV0-001/dp/0071828869/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486475415&sr=8-5&keywords=cloud%2B

Took the practice exam included with the book. Sat for the exam and passed.

These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/