Exam coming up!!!!

LFCJoshhLFCJoshh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, I've got my NET+ exam coming up in the next couple of days.
I've been using most of the popular online resources such as ITPRO.TV, CBT Nuggest, Prof Messer etc.

Finally got the hang of subnetting... Any suggestions for topics to cram for the last couple of days?

Cheers!

Comments

• jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My best advice to use is pay 10$ and get professer messers course notes , they are great for review. Then pay 7.99 and get Darril Gibsons Learnzapp network+ app. Go thru all the flashcards and do each test by section then do the full mock test 7 times. If you can score 95-100 4 times on the full test and you can do it and still have 25 or so mins left on the clock you are ready.
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jrisbrook wrote: »
    My best advice to use is pay 10$ and get professer messers course notes , they are great for review. Then pay 7.99 and get Darril Gibsons Learnzapp network+ app. Go thru all the flashcards and do each test by section then do the full mock test 7 times. If you can score 95-100 4 times on the full test and you can do it and still have 25 or so mins left on the clock you are ready.

I just took the Network + again (1st passed in 2000) for WGU, I spent the 10 dollars for the Prof Messer's notes and was very underwhelmed, ymmv... but I would not recommend them, as I didnt really see any value in them icon_sad.gif
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You my friend are not the average joe. You have alot of experience and are not new to the game. For a newcomer the notes give you the basics of alot of things that you need to memorize. Ofcourse they dont tell you how to think , but if you dont know diff between 802.11a ,g,n etc the notes really help. For me personally Darril Gibsons app was better bang for the buck, but for 10$ to me I thought to pay it rather then pay for another test lol.
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • LFCJoshhLFCJoshh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers Guys,

The app was a good suggestion! Didn't really think about those.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jrisbrook wrote: »
    My best advice to use is pay 10$ and get professer messers course notes , they are great for review. Then pay 7.99 and get Darril Gibsons Learnzapp network+ app.

I agree with jrisbrook. While I've not used Messer's stuff as I've had these CompTIA certs before Messer's time, I've seen his notes, and they look to be great points to review just before the test.
  • LFCJoshhLFCJoshh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE: I passed the exam!! :P Downloaded Messers notes and read through them on the way to the exam, Would say they helped... But pretty much re-iterated what you should already know.

Exam was harder than expected, Would advise to top up on Wired/Wireless standards etc.
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Sharpe21Sharpe21 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□