Options

Remote Support solutions

kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
Hello Guys,

Need some input on remote support solutions.
I need something I'm able to remote log in to company provided computers without having to ask for any key or permission (no team viewer).
What we need:
Need to connect to unattended computers without issues.
Central management console or dashboard that we can classify computers (like by locations or if they're online at the moment or not).
Multiple admins needs to be able to use it at the same time (not necessarily to remote to the same computer, but use the tool/engine at the same time with different clients).
Mainly need just the remote support functionality, I don't need any complex suite of options or something like that.

I know BMC and Citrix, but both offer a lot of things we wont really use inside their suite. So wondering if you guys can recommend something.
If it's open source, that would be amazing.

Thank you
meh

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like VNC Viewer?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think you will need to be a bit more specific - are you looking for particular OS's that need to be supported, network devices? VNC or RDP as p@r0tuXus mentioned is a good solution. If you are looking for a remote KVM to access console of the computer or network device - I like Avocent solutions.
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bomgar, if you can afford it.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    we use dameware tools in my workplace for this purpose
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We have several thousand endpoints and also use Bomgar.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    TY for the replies. We have VNC and for some reason the boss don't like it.
    Found Bomgar and remote utilities very interesting.
    Again, ty guys.
    meh
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Labtech or Kaseya is what my company uses, Labconnect with ScreenConnect is really good, I haven't messed with kaseya much as its just getting integrated into our system.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    May be irrelevant now, but if you haven't decided yet. You should try N-Able's Ncentral Remote Monitor by Solarwinds it's perfect for all the requirements you listed, as long as there is an agent installed on the machine and it's online you can log to it anytime without involving the user. We use it for our SLA customers but it's not an open source product.