Best Network+ study guide?

Dabull25Dabull25 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im looking to take the Network+ cert test and need a good comprehensive study guide or book. A professor at my community college recommended the Barker and Wallace Comptia Cert guide book N10-006. Should I go ahead and get this or get something else?

Comments

• DefilerDefiler Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I use the same book, but personally I dont care much for the layout
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    I watched all of Professor Messer's Network+ Videos on Youtube (free) which covers all of the exam objectives.
    Then I read the Exam Cram Network+ Book, and did all the practice questions it came with.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually read 2 books, Exam Cram N+ and Mike Meyer's N+ book. It's a good idea to get your information from more than one book or source. I found that not everything was in either book.
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my thread when I passed N+.
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    Books:

CompTIA Network+ All-In-One Exam Guide (Mike Meyers) [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071848223/] -- Anyone who has used Mike Meyers' material knows what you're getting. His writing style is engaging (this book was the easiest and fastest to read of the three I used), and the book's level of information is spot on. However, I found it (like a lot of Meyers' stuff) to be a bit uneven. Some sections would go into a lengthy historical overview that might be interesting but not particularly helpful, while other sections skipped quickly over some technical details that I thought were important. I read this book first and very quickly, knowing that I would go back over the same information with the other books. Still, a very good book, and the section headings can be used to skip or skim over the less important sections.

CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide (Todd Lammle) [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119021278/] -- If I had to recommend a single book, this would be it. The writing style isn't quite as enjoyable as Meyers', but the layout made more sense to me, and the explanations for certain things were clearer. I also felt it was a bit more comprehensive than Meyers' book. The subnetting explanation in this book was the first one that really clicked for me.

CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Exam Cram (Emmett Dulaney) [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078975410X/] -- I used this book for a speedy review the last week prior to my exam. I would not recommend it as a single-source study guide, but it's a good book for just checking that you don't have any weak areas. It also comes with 2 tear-out "**** sheets" that summarize a lot of important information. I used these **** sheets the night before and the morning of the exam to give myself one last refresher.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU