Passed N10-006 on Feb 03: exam **** mostly useless

marky macmarky mac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I passed N10-006 yesterday, if barely, but it was DIFFICULTt!icon_rolleyes.gif I passed CCNA in the past, but I'd say in some ways
Network+ is more difficult to study 'cause the topics are vast and picked quite randomly.
Also, seemingly MOST (I'd say 90%) of the questions were totally new.
Another thing is: I found very few of those "simple questions." What I mean is like,
"What is the port used to assign IPs automatically (=53) " type of questions that take only 5 seconds to answer.
Frankly, I was thinking I'd pass this one easily because I bought Pearson's "approved"
textbook and scored like 95%+ on all practice exams. The real exam is 150% harder. At least the one I took was.

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I'd be the first to say. Don't use exam ****. Not really helpful when it comes to learning the stuff long term. The Network+ is not that difficult when it comes to learning networking.

I thought the CCENT/CCNA was harder than the Network+
    marky mac wrote: »
    Well, I passed N10-006 yesterday, if barely, but it was DIFFICULTt!icon_rolleyes.gif I passed CCNA in the past, but I'd say in some ways
    Network+ is more difficult to study 'cause the topics are vast and picked quite randomly.
    Also, seemingly MOST (I'd say 90%) of the questions were totally new.
    Another thing is: I found very few of those "simple questions." What I mean is like,
    "What is the port used to assign IPs automatically (=53) " type of questions that take only 5 seconds to answer.
    Frankly, I was thinking I'd pass this one easily because I bought Pearson's "approved"
    textbook and scored like 95%+ on all practice exams. The real exam is 150% harder. At least the one I took was.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • marky macmarky mac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I meant port 67, not 53. I was baked when I posted this... icon_cool.gif
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□