Udemy for CEUs?

GLaDOSGLaDOS Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm taking a great course on Udemy (Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch). I was just wondering if anyone had been able to use these courses as CEUs for keeping Comptia and GIAC certifications current? I believe you get a certificate of completion at the end of the course.

Currently I'm trying to work on CEUs for my Comptia Security+ and GIAC GISF certifications.
"Tahiti is not in Europe. I'm going to be sick."

Comments

• ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    It'd be nice to find out, acquiring CEU's can be ridiculous from what I hear.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your best bet is to check the CompTIA and GIAC sites for CPU requirements.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    I don't know if any Udemy course is approved. Personally, I doubt it. But I could be wrong, I often am. If you are looking into solely getting CEU's rather than increasing your own marketability on your resume, then look at the CCENT certification. It counts like 25 or 35 CEU's of the 50 needed for the Sec+. If you're looking to get into networking, it will be good to get it anyways.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/how-to-renew/earn-continuing-education-units

Look for the link to the "CEU Program Activities Summary Document" on the page link above. Specifically, review the section for "Training Courses" Basically, as long as the training course meets the requirements described there you should be fine. That section mentions pre-approved courses, but as says : "other courses are acceptable if content requirement are met". I would get a screenshot of the course description, some type of completion certificate, instructor name, etc., and upload those to the CEU portal.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When you finish watching all the Udemy videos for a particular course, they give you a certificate of completion that you can export to PDF.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College