Passed 210-250 (SECFND)

snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Figured I'd give this exam a bit of a review since I couldn't find a lot on it.

I passed with a score of 951. The exam is pretty straight forward if you have the networking fundamentals and security fundamentals down. If you're doing the scholarship then, depending on your experience, I would suggest making some handwritten notes whilst going through the online course. I made some notes and then reviewed them the morning before the exam.

Also, everything you need to pass is in the online course. Just make sure you understand the concepts behind the practice questions and answers.

If you aren't doing the scholarship then I'd run through the exam domains and ensure you're familiar. Even if the answer isn't obvious, I found I could isolate it through common sense and an understanding of the fundamentals/concepts.

Hope that helps!

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for your input on this course. I'm looking to take it sometime this year. Congratulations on the pass! :)
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That gives me some hope. How do you feel about SECOPS so far?

I passed with a score of 951. The exam is pretty straight forward if you have the networking fundamentals and security fundamentals down. If you're doing the scholarship then, depending on your experience, I would suggest making some handwritten notes whilst going through the online course. I made some notes and then reviewed them the morning before the exam.

Also, everything you need to pass is in the online course. Just make sure you understand the concepts behind the practice questions and answers.

If you aren't doing the scholarship then I'd run through the exam domains and ensure you're familiar. Even if the answer isn't obvious, I found I could isolate it through common sense and an understanding of the fundamentals/concepts.

Hope that helps!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratss!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CerelacCerelac Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz :)
    I am studying now for SECFND and making some mind maps during the scholarship videos. But, could you please share some photos or so of your notes?

Thanks ;)

Hope that helps!
  • snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    That gives me some hope. How do you feel about SECOPS so far?

I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a bit more in SECOPS, but it's about applying the concepts you went over in SECFND. So, in the first module you learn about the technology, concepts, what everything is etc. In SECOPS it's about how these technologies can be used in a cyber operations environment. Hope that makes sense.
  • snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cerelac wrote: »
    Congratz :)
    I am studying now for SECFND and making some mind maps during the scholarship videos. But, could you please share some photos or so of your notes?

Thanks ;)

Hey, my notes are all handwritten so they're messy. They're not super complicated, all I'm doing is reading the sections and making a note of important points. It's usually pretty obvious what important points are because they're either asked in the section questions, or Cisco have made headings and listed various things out etc. For example: I would have made a note on the attack continuum and what each stage consists of. Each stage is a heading and I've bullet pointed the activities underneath.

I'm ensuring my notes are detailed enough, so I can study my notes rather than the course before the second exam (in case I don't take my exam before I lose access to the online course)
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • LaSeenoLaSeeno Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any comparison to CEH and security +? Curious if a tenured professional could knock out the first exam without studying.
  • thaiguy314thaiguy314 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats thats awesome! I'm in the 2nd cohort.

As far as depth of knowledge, are the questions pretty broad? I feel like I may be overstudying because I'm having trouble sticking to their suggested timeline. Would you say scoring bronze or silver in the challenge tests a good indicator of success on the certification exam or do you think scoring gold and additional studying is required?
    Certs: CISSP, CEH, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+