Passed Security+ 1/30/17

import36import36 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have to admit i started off studying using a 1700+ question ****...as that had helped a great deal back when i first took this exam in 2008! however i had also picked up the GCGA book by Darril Gibson and was reading that. it wasn't until a friend told me about this site that i read up on the feedback here and realized the question **** was a terrible idea. a week before the exam date i bought the premium membership to the GCGA site and began going through all of the questions. the performance-based questions were absolutely crucial in passing the exam...i am soo glad that i paid the $55 for the review material. i ended up passing with an 827...not too shabby. after taking the exam i can confirm that using a question **** is a terrible idea lol.

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    import36 wrote: »
    i have to admit i started off studying using a 1700+ question ****....

That sounds like more work then reading and learning the material!

Grats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
  • import36import36 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys! yeah ZERO of the questions from the **** i had were on the exam. bottom line, read the books and study guides and learn the material.
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    casp002 wrote: »
    Congrats.

i saw many **** for SEC+ before 1 year many Answers was Wrong and labs, after my exam i remembered many Questions and i try to find in **** i can't find.

comptia change it i think.

Aren't you the same person that was asking for **** for CASP? And when I said something to you, you claimed you don't use ****?
  • DasanDasan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats - Think I am going to purchase that as well
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, and good decision to avoid the **** exams.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Thanks for your honesty regarding ****, remember **** will always hurt you in the long run. An example is, say you use a **** for a higher end certification like CISSP, and you are now certified with a CISSP and go into a job interview, and the interviewer asks you a few simple questions in cybersecurity, and now you can't answer those questions because you cheated yourself on your own education with using ****.

Congrats, and remember, stay away from **** or it will bite you like a snake!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • dubois11dubois11 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also used the same material to pass the exam now trying to figure out what job it will allow me to land
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass