Passed Security+

Jae102Jae102 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed my Security+ 401 on the same day I passed my 301 three years ago with a score of 789. I hope it renews my. SY0 301 Security+, network+ n10-005, A+ 801/802.

I used Darryl Gibson Get Certified Study Guide, GCGA Premium, Test Out Labsim, CompTIA Security+ Certification Practice Exams, Second Edition (Exam SY0-401) (Certification Press) by Glen E. Clarke, CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition (3rd Edition) Deluxe Edition by David L Prowse and some practice tests online.

Bought GCGA Premuim yesterday and only got a days worth.

A little bumbed out that I didn't get above 800 with 3 months of studying but a pass is a pass but atleast I got 789 where on my SYO-301 I got 753 grazing it with only 4 days of studying.

Next is my CCNA then will be going for my MCSA Server 2012.

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • islandblueislandblue Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I just passed mine today after 7 days of studying. My score isn't that high but it's all good!! That "PASS" stamp is what matters.
  • Jae102Jae102 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    islandblue wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! I just passed mine today after 7 days of studying. My score isn't that high but it's all good!! That "PASS" stamp is what matters.

Nice especially with how hard this exam is.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats on the pass and nobody is going to ask you"Hey how much did you score?" So get over all that and enjoy the pass!!
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DasanDasan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • supremeFTWsupremeFTW Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jae102 wrote: »

I used Darryl Gibson Get Certified Study Guide, GCGA Premium, Test Out Labsim, CompTIA Security+ Certification Practice Exams, Second Edition (Exam SY0-401) (Certification Press) by Glen E. Clarke, CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition (3rd Edition) Deluxe Edition by David L Prowse and some practice tests online.

how was the "Test Out Labsim" compared to Gibsons Premium Content ? What would you suggest ?
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Jae102Jae102 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    supremeFTW wrote: »
    how was the "Test Out Labsim" compared to Gibsons Premium Content ? What would you suggest ?

To pass the test go with Daril Gibson Premium Content but to actually learn how to implement and use the knowledge test out is good. I feel it's more geared towards (ISC)2 SSCP.

I learned how to configure a DMZ, Firewall ACL, Configure a network security appliance, implement IPS, secure and harden a switch, use active directory, create a virtual machine, use a vulnerability scanner, configure advanced auditing policy and so much more an none of that was on the test because it was more concerned with the theory and where to put devices on the network. If I would of just got Darril Gibson premium content earlier I would of passed with a higher score but I got it a day before the test. Lol.

On the bright side I have a better skill set and I can actually apply the things I know. I'm still learning too with labsim and I may take the (ISC)2 SSCP soon.