Options

Passed 901 Today.

HolyPuckHolyPuck Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

Just passed the 901 Today, I have to take it as part of the WGU curriculum. It wasn't very difficult, but I do have a few years experience under my belt.

What I can say is - There was a lot of printer questions. Only a few port questions, and only one RAM question which I found surprising.

The 4 simulations were very basic. (like SOHO setups)

I studied for about 2 weeks on and off taking practice tests from Ucertify and some messer vids on topics i was shaky on.

That allowed me to score a 761.

Good luck all future test takers and onlookers.

Comments

• Options
    cyberMattcyberMatt Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing. Congrats! When are you going for 902?
  • Options
    next week. I'll update this then.
  • Options
    So work got busy and I had to put off 902 until today.

I have a lot of windows experience, so I didn't really study for this exam I just took the practice tests from WGU, and watched maybe 5 or 6 messer videos.

I want to start by saying I hate Comptia tests sometimes. I looked at a few questions, and thought to myself this is the most poorly worded question and answers I have ever seen.

I had 4 sims.

(Know how to add a comp to a domain - map a drive - set up a phone for email.. blah blah)

The multiple choice wasn't too bad, sometimes I could straight eliminate 3 answers off the bat.

Overall it was not to difficult, if you have any experience administering a windows environment you will do fine. I put in all in all about 2 days of studying scored a 743.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats! I agree the wording of the questions tends to be a bit annoying.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63