Pearson Network+ N10-006 Lab sim activation help

TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I purchased the Pearson N+ lab sim and I installed it but after it was installed it has to connect to a server so I get register the activation code. Every time I try to connect it says server failed. I tried it with wifi, directly into my switch and even another computer with the same issue.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Hands-on Lab Simulator | Pearson IT Certification

Comments

• jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you purchased the software bia the download log in to your pearson accoint they made u setup. Then go to my account and go to purchases i think and the activation code is there. No need to sign in to anything with the actual software
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • moonlitdaymoonlitday Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @TechnicalJay

I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the software from within my Pearson account, installed it, and when I launch it it indicates to check my internet connection and it can't contact the server. Clearly, my internet is fine. If you find the answer please let me know. This is irritating.
  • TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    moonlitday wrote: »
    @TechnicalJay

I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the software from within my Pearson account, installed it, and when I launch it it indicates to check my internet connection and it can't contact the server. Clearly, my internet is fine. If you find the answer please let me know. This is irritating.

I have tried a laptop and a desktop and tried my home network and work network with both wifi and directly in my router. I sent them an email and they are telling me it must be my network when thats not the case at all.

Yes the activation code is there but the software has to connect to their server first before you can activate the code.
  • moonlitdaymoonlitday Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I still haven't heard back from Pearson. I ended up getting the software to work from my work pc at work, but it still will not work from home. It's something I guess.
  • chris0101chris0101 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys i've got this same issue , has anyone figured it out ?
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There is a specific version of the software you need to find and install. My apologies for not having the information with me right now, but I will check my laptop when I get home tonight and let you know.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Ok, the version you want to install is 1.0.26.1 released on 12/23/16. I was unable to find that version available for download with a quick Google search, but you might be able to get it through Pearson support.

NOTE: Their site does advertise having a brand new version that is later than 26, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    You sure we're talking about the same thing ? i can't see a version number anywhere .. this is all i have ;
    • Copyright 2015
    • Edition: 1st
    • Software Download
    • ISBN-10: 0-7897-5517-3
    • ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5517-9
    Oh man, I'm sorry... when I originally read the post, it exactly described the issue I had with the Practice Test software, PCPT.exe. I overlooked the LabSim software. I'm talking about something different. :-/

Looks like Pearson is having issues with more than one product. Sorry I pointed you in the wrong direction. I don't have any experience with the LabSim software, just the practice exams.
    No worries , funnily enough i booted up a VM of windows 10 and its working lol , so idk
    I got a refund as I tried Wifi, directly into the router, friends wifi and another computer. Didn't try a VM though which is good thinking. Not sure why this happens as for some people it works and others they have issues like mine.
  • RewireRewire Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the labs comprehensive?

I'm taking Network+ tomorrow and I'm not quite sure I've got enough experience with the performance based aspect to answer all the questions on the test. If these labs are good 40 bucks isn't that bad for a test of knowledge the day before.
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    The labs are good. Take a lot of time to burn through but they are great for memorizing wiring for unshielded twisted pair cables, straight through. Also for port numbers etc. I would say doing some sort of lab simulation is required to pass, I took the test twice, failed the first time, did labs afterwards, and passed the second time.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    Also, see if you can find a discount code somewhere, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay the full $40.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • 7atran7atran Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Uninstall if you have installed old version on cd.
    Download a new version and install it. I paid 34.53 instead over of over $49 as it discount on Pearson website.
    Use access code from email
    I got it work either from Mac or pc.
    I am happy.
    Did you just make an account to dig this thread up?