Now Linux+ Certified

cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
Hey all,

Just passed LX104 today. Took 103 last week. Used UCERTIFY from WGU. Great resource and great practice tests.

Happy Valentine's Day!icon_cheers.gif
Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Thanks! Onto CCNA!
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job on the pass!

I was thinking about going for both of these tests. My knowledge of Linux is pretty pitiful, being an M$ user for around 30 years. How long did you spend studying for these?
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    I had no previous Linux knowledge at all BTW. I studied 3 weeks for LX103(8 hours per day including weekends) and 1 week for LX104 (8 hours per day including weekends) (104 much easier) using UCERTIFY provided by WGU.

This course taught me so much about Linux and how it works. I really enjoyed it and I think it is a MUST for any Cybersecurity person. (me)
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to put this on my to-do list. The Ucertify bundle for both exams would be $240 for me, as there are no certifications in my current degree plan. Good to know that a month or two of study would be all that is necessary.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woww congrats!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Was the UCertify provided to you as part of a WGU course? Or can I get to it somehow if it is not one of my courses?
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cheers! WOO!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Like Borat^ Very Nice! great success!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    Was the UCertify provided to you as part of a WGU course? Or can I get to it somehow if it is not one of my courses?

WGU usually provides Ucertify for courses that require a certification to pass. However, if that certification is not part of your Course of Study, WGU won't enroll you. HOWEVER, if you tell your Student Mentor that you are interested in that particular certification, your mentor MAY be willing to contact the Course Mentor for that class to get you other materials.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes Ucertify is paid for and provided by WGU.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • PlayDoh72PlayDoh72 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Way to go!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Micheal AlexMicheal Alex Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro it was great really happy for you and also for this post that you will shared this news with us thank you so much for sharing this info with us glad to see this type of post wish you best of luck for your bright future... :)