CompTIA Cybersecurity Expert coming soon...

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
So it looks like I get a free Cert some time this summer?

CompTIA Cybersecurity Expert

https://event.on24.com/event/13/57/29/7/rt/1/documents/resourceList1487096362351/comptia_csaplus_productlaunchwebinar_slides.pdf

(slide 30)

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That slide is actually pretty cool. I wonder if that and Infrastructure Pro require having all the CE versions of the certs, or if the Good-For-Life will qualify? I certainly wouldn't want to renew my A+ and Net+ just to get that. That would be way too expensive.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looks cool! I can see many employers requiring junior analyst to require this cert.

pathway-cover-image-2.png
    https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/cybersecurity-analyst
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Ertaz why would you post this and do this to me. I now have to go for my CASP to complete the Security Tri-Fecta. I already have the A+, N+, S+ so I go the infrastructure covered. Now with my CSA+ I am one cert from the Security Tri-Fecta. Ahhh the horror
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @Ertaz why would you post this and do this to me. I now have to go for my CASP to complete the Security Tri-Fecta. I already have the A+, N+, S+ so I go the infrastructure covered. Now with my CSA+ I am one cert from the Security Tri-Fecta. Ahhh the horror

You sir, are welcome!
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Nice find Ertaz thank you!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • JudgemanJudgeman Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is great? already have A+,Net+ and Sec+. looking to get in to security so this is great to know. Thanks for the post
    Whatever gets people to go after more of their certs...

Ah Marketing...
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Please dear God, let the DoD replace CEH with CSA+ for the CNDSP positions, amen.

That's all I have to say.
  • RogueAdminRogueAdmin Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting in having Wireshark and Snort simulation questions.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    That slide is actually pretty cool. I wonder if that and Infrastructure Pro require having all the CE versions of the certs, or if the Good-For-Life will qualify? I certainly wouldn't want to renew my A+ and Net+ just to get that. That would be way too expensive.

When I passed Security+ CE in 2015 it "Upgraded" my A+ from 2003 and Network+ from 2006 to the CE versions, as long as I keep my Security+ CE I will Automatically keep the A+ CE and Network+ CE.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah, I thought it was very interesting in my case. When I passed the new Security+ recently, it didn't do anything with my previous certs. It still lists my GFL A+, Net+, and Sec+ with no expiration dates.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I thought it was very interesting in my case. When I passed the new Security+ recently, it didn't do anything with my previous certs. It still lists my GFL A+, Net+, and Sec+ with no expiration dates.

Good to know that was my concern.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This. All day, every day. And Twice on Sunday. icon_thumright.gif
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    Please dear God, let the DoD replace CEH with CSA+ for the CNDSP positions, amen.

Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I have A+,N+,S+, Sec+, CSA+, CASP ...
    Is this mean I will have 2 multi-certs: Infrastructure Pro and Cybersecurity Expert?
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□

spicy ahi wrote: »
    This. All day, every day. And Twice on Sunday. icon_thumright.gif
    8570 only exists as a grandfathered chart now. 8140 has taken over for all new contracts going forward. CEH still has a strong presence, but it's not the end-all be-all that it was for CND on 8570icon_thumright.gif
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's the part that Frustrates me,

I have A+ce, CCENT, and CSA+. I'm nowhere near either of the Tiers. If I was going to do another CompTIA cert, I certainly wouldn't want to backtrack and get the Sec+.

I'd be stuck getting two certs in either category, from the looks of it.

I guess I don't see the point (from an employers POV) in requiring someone to take Sec+, CSA+, AND CASP. If you have a Sec+, it pretty much covers CSA+; it renews it in their requirements anyway. For those that follwoed the pathway directtly and drank all of the CompTIA kool-aid, it'd be nice, but I hope that an employer would realize that I don't have "CompTIA Security Expert" because I skipped Sec+ and just did CSA+ and CASP
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't see this being something that employers will pick up as a requirement. If anything, it'll be motivation for people early in their careers to get all three of the "Infrastructure" certs to have that extra designation. It just makes it look prettier to people whom have A+ and Net+, and see that they'll get two new things rather than one for getting Sec+.
  • scjohnson1988scjohnson1988 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□

I actually got an email survey with CompTIA exploring a penetration testing certification a few weeks ago. That would probably be the better replacement, but I did like the CSA.
  • NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually got an email survey with CompTIA exploring a penetration testing certification a few weeks ago. That would probably be the better replacement, but I did like the CSA.

That would be sweet.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    trojin wrote: »
    As I have A+,N+,S+, Sec+, CSA+, CASP ...
    Is this mean I will have 2 multi-certs: Infrastructure Pro and Cybersecurity Expert?

Yes. You will qualify for both.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Yes. You will qualify for both.

Great :)
    Finally I can reduce number of lines in my CV ;)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    trojin wrote: »
    Great :)
    Finally I can reduce number of lines in my CV ;)

same, my certs section is huge
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So....Has anyone heard anything more about this "Expert" cert or was this fake news?
  • phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I certainly wouldn't want to renew my A+ and Net+ just to get that. That would be way too expensive.

If you renew your Net+ your A+ gets automatically renewed.
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phatrik wrote: »
    If you renew your Net+ your A+ gets automatically renewed.

Is that true for the non-CE "Good for Life" versions of the certifications? I know it works that way for the CE versions, just curious as to whether that works for the older versions of the certifications.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »

I'm not seeing any new information from the link that wasn't already discussed in this thread.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah I haven't seen much about it. They had an early August convention for CompTIA, so I figured we might see more about it afterward, but nothing so far.
    Yeah, "Summer" officially ends on the 22nd. We'll see if CompTIA makes good on the time frame.