SCCM 2012 push causing Office 2013 to be deleted

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Has any of you guys encountered this at work? Using SCCM to push out Office 2016 to multiple Windows 7 PCs causing the Office 2013 in the target client PCs to be completely removed without installing any of the Office 2016. If it makes any difference the users are all have Office 365 accounts. What would cause a situation like this

I had assumed this would be a common occurrence but searching the web I have not found anything identical.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SCCM is such a PITA...I'd check the client side log files to see if they are of any help. I'd start with appdiscovery, appintenteval, cas, contenttransfermanager, and datatransferservice logs.

I'm also muddling my way through an Office 2016 deployment, mixed results so far but it's way better than my attempted 2013 deployment.
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how did you set up the deployment? are you running it straight from the installation source or did you make any changes? (if you made changes did you use OCT?
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    22306 wrote: »
    how did you set up the deployment? are you running it straight from the installation source or did you make any changes? (if you made changes did you use OCT?

So far as I know, it was done using *.msi files from SCCM
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you need to find out.