Which of these two N+ Study Paths would you guys choose?

Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have this book: CompTIA N+ N10-006 Cert Guide and the Mike Meyers N10-006 Full PDF
I also have the Proff. Messer **** sheet for N+ and all the Videos saved. I also have the CBTNugget Videos along with Practice Exams and Total Tester N10-006

i'm currently in a Free IT Course and they are just going over the Cert Guide Book. Thing is that its not in the Layout of the Exam Objectives. I feel like its all scattered.

Should i study according to the Exam Objectives:

1.0 Network architecture 22%
2.0 Network operations 20%
3.0 Network security 18%
4.0 Troubleshooting 24%
5.0 Industry standards, practices, and network theory 16%
[h=1][/h]Because i feel like this would be better. For example, i start with objective 1 which is Network Architecture and i go ahead and use the Proffesor Messer Videos on that objective section, use the corresponding sections in the **** sheet/course notes and find those covered topics in the Cert Guide, read them and finish off with a Total tester Practice exam on that section.

Or should i just go along with the the Course i'm enrolled in, following the Cert guide book and find the corresponding videos and notes from Proff Messor to have a visual and listening guide.

Which one would you guys choose?
Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University

Comments

• superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat. I have all this Network+ study material and would also appreciate other's feedback. I have Mike Meyers Udemy N+ course, ITPRO.TV NETWORK+ video course, Network+ All in One study guide, and use Professor Messer's videos. I like how Professor Messer goes according to the objectives and ITPRO.TV does the same thing, but when trying to read the book, it bounces around too much(or just strays from the usual path of going in order)
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A lot of these exam guides will do that. The best thing to do is to get the official CompTIA Net+ exam objectives (https://certification.comptia.org/training/exam-objectives Fill out the info they're asking for and select Net+) and jump around the book as needed. Be mindful of the topics you're covering and be sure to check the topics off as you go over them. If the first objective is on Chapter 3 then I'll simply start with Chapter 3. There's really no wrong way to do it so long as you have the topics covered.
  • Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    superbeast wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I have all this Network+ study material and would also appreciate other's feedback. I have Mike Meyers Udemy N+ course, ITPRO.TV NETWORK+ video course, Network+ All in One study guide, and use Professor Messer's videos. I like how Professor Messer goes according to the objectives and ITPRO.TV does the same thing, but when trying to read the book, it bounces around too much(or just strays from the usual path of going in order)

Exactly!

I feel like i have to choose one or the other. i want to lean towards the exam objective path but being in class and them following the cert guide which is all over the place makes it hard.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Are you enrolled at WGU? If so just follow their course material and pacing guide and it should cover everything, and CBT Nuggets are amazing!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cdx wrote: »
    Are you enrolled at WGU? If so just follow their course material and pacing guide and it should cover everything, and CBT Nuggets are amazing!

No, its a free government sponsored IT course. the Place is called Perscholas.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    I read and did all the practice questions on the Exam Cram book and watched all the Professor Messer Videos, (CBT Nuggets maybe better IMO).
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • parbatparajuliparbatparajuli Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let me begin by saying, you have some great resources. Mike Meyers N10-006 book covers most of the material that's on the objective, and professor messer videos are icing on the cake which follows the exam objectives. I am not familiar with CBT nuggets but other members in this forums rave about it so I am assuming its a good resource. I have two options for you, first is go with the course you are currently enrolled in, that way if you have any questions you can always ask your colleagues or professor. Option 2 read the mike Meyers book from start to finish and then watch the professor messer videos and highlight your strengths and weaknesses. Keep on reviewing all of the objectives till you can grasp the concept. Good luck on your exam. Or if you have the time do both cheers.
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jacinto,

Just wanted to give an update. I discovered this little study strategy over the weekend and it's been working great thus far for me. If you go on Udemy website, Mike Meyers(author of All in One Net+ book) has a Network+ video course that follows the same set up as his All In One book. After I read the chapter, I'd watch the video chapter for what I just read(usually between 6-9 videos). Then I would take his end of chapter exam. Once I was able to get 100% on the end of chapter exam, I knew I was ready to move onto the next chapter. Another thing you can do is at the beginning of every chapter of All In One, author will list out what objectives will be touched on. I'll use those objectives and go to Professor Messer to solidify my understanding of the topics I just read about.

In regards to his Udemy course, you'll see it advertised for a couple hundred bucks. But enroll in any free course and you'll start receiving e-mails from Udemy with special discounts on their video coures. I got the Mike Meyers video course for $10 USD.