how do you connect an enddevice with a router ?

masterinexmasterinex Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
how do you connect an enddevice with a router in packet tracer ?

I tried both copper and straigth through . both wires did not work.

I wish there was a way i could attach images.

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you trying to connect the end device to the router for configuration of the router, or for passing data traffic?
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Not sure what you mean...
    Like you connected a Xover directly from PC to router? Is the router interface up and configured?
    meh
  • MilleniumFalconFlyerMilleniumFalconFlyer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What sort of router are you talking about? Is it an enterprise router like a Cisco 2811 or an integrated services router for home use? If you want to connect to a router for access to the internet you would connect to a switch that is connected to the router. if you simply want to update a router that isn't connected to a network you could connect to it through the console port. A little more information would go a long way to getting you the answer you are looking for. Either way, best of luck on solving your problem.
  • DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use Dropbox or Gdrive to attach the packet tracer file. It sound like you are using the wrong cable and you may not be using the right connection on the PC. Also did you activate the router interface.