Exam Completed.

Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well it's me again once again. I am proud to say that I finally passed the exam.icon_cheers.gif After so many tried and slacking off because of family and work . I received 726 just enough to pass the exam. It was my last try on my boost package I bought last year. Just want to thank everyone that helped me and keep pushing me to continue.

Trust me guys it takes me a while to learn things but with everyone help on the forum i was able to pass the exam. I was thinking of taking a 2 week break but I think if I do i will start forgetting the material i have learned. I'm going to enjoy the weekend then start my next goal 411 one.

Now I need all new material for that exam. Would any of you mind sharing the material you are using for the 70-411 exam ?

Thanks once again, Plus I was thinking of sharing all the material I have for the 70-410 exam. I have a lot of pdf files that I bought. I believe passing the material to other users is always good.

Thanks once again everyone. icon_cheers.gif
2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
2021 - *Security+*
2022 - * Pen Tester*

Comments

• ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Some say that the 411 is harder, but I thought it was about the same. What I did was buy the Training Guide by Orin Thomas and used that to create my lab. I enjoyed the Pluralsight videos as a supplemental source, along with the MeasureUP Practice tests.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh, man! So glad to read that as I was afraid that you might give up.

That was probably the best case of winning by persistence shown on this forum. How many times did you fail and how much time was spent? If I'm not mistaken it lasted for around a year...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Now, my ass got kicked by CCSP recently and they don't allow to retake it sooner than after 3 months... May I borrow some of your persistence? :)
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, man! So glad to read that as I was afraid that you might give up.

That was probably the best case of winning by persistence shown on this forum. How many times did you fail and how much time was spent? If I'm not mistaken it lasted for around a year...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Now, my ass got kicked by CCSP recently and they don't allow to retake it sooner than after 3 months... May I borrow some of your persistence? :)

you
    are right it took me that long time to pass this exam. I believe I tried about 6 times the longest on the forum i believe. I guess you could say I hold the record at this point for fail attempts..icon_redface.gif But I never gave up so now I need to move forward to the next exam.

Just need to find some good material for the 411 exam... Any tips ? One other thing can I borrow some of your cert ... Man you have a lot of them.. love that.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Just need to find some good material for the 411 exam... Any tips ?

Not really, I've read Panek and Mackin books and technet and labbed things I didn't use at work (like IPAM, storage spaces crap, etc) on Azure free account I had at the time when I was preparing for my 70-417 which I failed once... Can't recommend neither of these books, but labbing is certainly a good way to get the feel of it...

So it's like labbing and technet that worked well for me
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Doesn't it feel absolutely great?

40-411 I used the Sybex Panek book and hated it so I relied on PluralSight, TechNet and labbing, labbing and more labbing. I loved the Pearson (Poulton, Camardella) book and wished they had one for the 411 and 412. Still trying to find something decent for the 412. Enjoy tonight! You deserve it.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kosta-kkosta-k Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job.:Dicon_thumright.gificon_study.gif Glad to hear you passed!
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It takes a lot of guts to admit to the world when you've failed (6 times), but all that matters is that you kept at it and passed. Don't forget to edit your signature! icon_thumright.gif
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    you
    are right it took me that long time to pass this exam. I believe I tried about 6 times the longest on the forum i believe. I guess you could say I hold the record at this point for fail attempts..icon_redface.gif But I never gave up so now I need to move forward to the next exam.

Just need to find some good material for the 411 exam... Any tips ? One other thing can I borrow some of your cert ... Man you have a lot of them.. love that.

Excellent Determination! 6 times wow! Thats what I call wanting it bad enough man. I am proud to be a witness of your testimony. I just took my 70-410 on Thursday and scored a 676....have it rescheduled for next week. I will use of that determination to pass this exam.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You earned it! You've done so well to keep going all this time.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • jagorsjagors Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gif
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Louie I'm so happy to hear you passed! For the 411 I used Pluralsight and Infinite Skills videos, the Exam Ref Book, a little bit of the Will Panek 411 book, Transcender and Measure Up practice tests, and a lot of extra internet searching and Technet reading. Good luck on the 411!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! I was really looking forward to seeing this post. Great Job.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Louie!

I would say that aspects of the 411 are harder than the 410. I struggled with the 411 more but I think that is because the same study method I had used for the 410 didn't work as well for the 411. I think this was just a me thing and not necessarily something everyone will experience.

As far as resources, I used Pluralsight as an initial introduction and ended up reading the Panek book. Frankly the Panek book was worthless to me. I used the Boson practice exams as my practice test and found them to be very, very helpful. After I failed I picked up the Microsoft Official Academic Course material for the 70-411 and that helped me round out my study. On top of all of that, I used a ton of Technets and hours upon hours labbing it. Good luck!
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, Louie! The 70-410 seems to be rather difficult for a lot of people. I'm set to take it next week and I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy from it.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Did you get my PM?
  • cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Louie! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've been waiting for this post, as I'm sure many others have as well. I'm so happy for you that you did not give up and persistence pays off. A HUGE congrats!!!
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've been studying for the last few months and hope to take the test soon.
    Break time..!
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Louie. keep it up. good luck on 411.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WastedHat wrote: »
    Congrats! Did you get my PM?
    Hello

Yes I got your pm but I hurt my finger so I haven't had time to do anything since i been on pain meds... I will get all that info for you soon.

Thanks everyone looking forward to moving forward once again.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*