Proctored online exam at home?

fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
Microsoft allows you to take proctored exams online at home.
Has anyone ever done this? Been thinking about doing it. I can take an exam a lot sooner if I do it online as opposed to trying to schedule the exam somewhere cause everywhere is pretty full.

Has anyone ever done this? What's the experience like? Do they do anything to your computer? I just wanna know what to expect so I don't mess anything up.

Thanks

Comments

• TNboundTNbound Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    its pretty easy. You select the time, then about 10 minutes before scheduled test you log on. The proctor may be there, mine came on 5 minutes late. They check your ID, check your whole area with web cam. Then they start the test. Isnt that bad at all.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    havent done it for microsoft, but WGU does the online proctored exams for everything but the certification exams... pretty straight forward, they even provide a usb web cam...
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    I did the cert exams with WGU through a web cam with no issues. I think it was with Proctor U for some and Examicity for others.
    Check with the student mentor and Assessment Services about that.

At home proctoring with an external web cam is very convenient if done right through a good company.
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info guys.