Passed GNFA

rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed GNFA yesterday after passing GCIA last year icon_cheers.gif anyone else took / considers to take this path as well? icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm looking into this. Got a couple more classes I got to knock out before I do. How did you like it? What other classes are you looking into?
    rscrt wrote: »
    Passed GNFA yesterday after passing GCIA last year icon_cheers.gif anyone else took / considers to take this path as well? icon_confused.gif:
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wish I had taken this exam. I took the class and paid for the test, but work got in the way (a really busy quarter). It's the one GIAC exam I skipped out on.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I really did enjoy - it builds on the stuff in GCIA but is more focused on higher layer protocols, log sources and other means of identifying bad stuff is going on.

I have a degree in networking and both of these certs/courses put all the things in different context with a lot of added value, hands-on with various tools etc. Enjoyable!

The other interesting classes do not have certs yet - like the threat intelligence one or active defense - hope my company is going to pay anyway :)

TacoRocket wrote: »
    I'm looking into this. Got a couple more classes I got to knock out before I do. How did you like it? What other classes are you looking into?
    But you have an impressive collection anyway - which one did you enjoy the most?
    docrice wrote: »
    I wish I had taken this exam. I took the class and paid for the test, but work got in the way (a really busy quarter). It's the one GIAC exam I skipped out on.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most of them were unique enough that they all had nearly the same level of enjoyment. 503 certainly stands out, as well as 560. 408/508 definitely complements 572 (since it uses the same lab) and as a package is pretty solid in looking at the same situation from different points of view.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
    docrice wrote: »
    Most of them were unique enough that they all had nearly the same level of enjoyment. 503 certainly stands out, as well as 560. 408/508 definitely complements 572 (since it uses the same lab) and as a package is pretty solid in looking at the same situation from different points of view.

Wow, didnt realize that - but it makes sense considering DFIR NetWars scenarios... thanks for sharing!
  • sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    Well done rscrt
  • lostsollostsol Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I too have taken GNFA, but not GCIA. Do you recommend doing that next?