Jason Lunde CCIE DC v2 Videos

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
Hello All,

I figured I'd drop this in a separate thread so it doesn't get buried. It looks like TechExam's very own Jason Lunde is now doing CCIE DC v2 videos which is kind of awesome. He's got a 40-video set out for ACI here: twistedIT

Looks like he's pulling a Vik with Data Center. It'd be cool if the wireless guy from IPX does the same thing and then we get some good competition going.
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    woah! super awesome! thanks for sharing Iris!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jason or those in the know, is this course more, less or equivalent in content to the Cisco ACI class?

Thx.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    cbthut wrote: »
    Jason or those in the know, is this course more, less or equivalent in content to the Cisco ACI class?

Thx.

The ACI class that Cisco is officially running right now isn't really on the recent version of code or hardware. I took it less than a month ago. I haven't gone through all of Jason's videos but they're definitely better than PPT madness.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice!! I'll find out soon if my new gig is doing ACI.

Glad to see he's branching off and continuing to share his knowledge and teaching talent.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    can someone validate how deep dive this ACI training is

Cisco ACI Fundamentals for Network Engineers — Lumos
    Mark's training is pretty good. It's not a deep dive but it really helped me understand the fundamentals
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Mark's training is pretty good. It's not a deep dive but it really helped me understand the fundamentals

Thanks Iris. That being said, what's the comparison between Jason's and Mark's? Are they pretty much at the same level. Prefer to review just one since none is free :)
    No, they're different levels and I definitely recommend watching both. Snows is more fundamental which you need to understand first and Lunde does the deep dive and is specifically focused on v2 (Snows aren't). Both are great but they are different, Tony/iseeyou/cbthut
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I'm on a whirlwind ACI studyfest this week. I'm burning through the Lumo's videos first. Very very very good stuff so far. I'm on module 3 of 9 and I plan on getting them done before the weekend so I cam go through Jason's video. So far Mark Snow's videos are great. The only criticism I have so far is that I see him sometimes slipping into INE-mode where he starts reading off the PPT word-for-word but he's definitely not as bad here.

For the folks looking into CCIE DC v2, one important thing to note: He mentions in module 2 that "as of this recording, June 2015" to make a point so that means he's NOT going through the current version of code which will be on the CCIE DC v2 lab. The "current" code back in June 2015 was 1.1(1j) and I know Jason's videos are 1.2(2h). There are considerable differences in the GUI between the two versions. This is not a discouragement of watching Snow's videos. They are great so far but understand that labbing this out will be different in prep for the CCIE DC v2 lab.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I'm on a whirlwind ACI studyfest this week. I'm burning through the Lumo's videos first. Very very very good stuff so far. I'm on module 3 of 9 and I plan on getting them done before the weekend so I cam go through Jason's video. So far Mark Snow's videos are great. The only criticism I have so far is that I see him sometimes slipping into INE-mode where he starts reading off the PPT word-for-word but he's definitely not as bad here.

For the folks looking into CCIE DC v2, one important thing to note: He mentions in module 2 that "as of this recording, June 2015" to make a point so that means he's NOT going through the current version of code which will be on the CCIE DC v2 lab. The "current" code back in June 2015 was 1.1(1j) and I know Jason's videos are 1.2(2h). There are considerable differences in the GUI between the two versions. This is not a discouragement of watching Snow's videos. They are great so far but understand that labbing this out will be different in prep for the CCIE DC v2 lab.

Thanks for the update I, good to know.
    Ok... I finished watching both Jason Lunde (Twistedit.com) and Mark Snow's (Lumoscloud.com) videos and wanted to give the community some feedback. Definitely recommend BOTH of them. I would suggest watching Lunde's videos first - I did the exact opposite and it was more difficult for me in hindsight. When I later went through my notes for Mark Snow's videos, it made a lot more sense after watching Jason's videos.

Jason piece's it together and logically structures how ACI works and the broad concepts - Mark Snow definitely fills in the gaps in terms of more advanced features and concepts like service chaining, programmability, etc. Plus Mark is going to be releasing advanced videos shortly and I suspect will be having some labs with those as well which is pretty awesome and hard to pass up.

Think of it like this:

Jason's videos == How the logical constructs work and are pieced together in very easy explanations. Think of this as ACI 101 and easy to understand. He pieces the concepts together and gives you a demo of how to configure these things.

Mark Snow's videos == Why ACI is important, some of the additional features, and leveraging a lot of ACI installs in his videos - he even goes into roadmap information at certain points and he currently has little mini-labs you can download to use in a pod with his $149/month subscription

If you're studying for the CCIE DC v2, definitely leverage both.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • talkhimanshutalkhimanshu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi iris.. m from india and want to study ACI so can you please share me these videos...
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi iris.. m from india and want to study ACI so can you please share me these videos...

bait, dont do it iris! lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Talkhimanshu-
    While I absolutely adore the fact that you find my teachings (and let's face it...my musings) are decent enough to warrant their theft, I also find it slightly appalling that you would ask a friend of mine for them, for free. For the love of everything, they were literally selling for 15 bucks on udemy the past couple of weeks (of which I got 7). Not to mention the fact that this is a reputable forum...at least have the decency to ask for something like this somewhere else....deep in the bowels of the Internet like...
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□

Support this man, he's a great instructor.
    But he said plz, Jason....
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • fisherman_188fisherman_188 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Iris,

I was looking on the Lumos website trying to find Mark Snow's videos but the site seems to not quite be working. Do you know if the Lumos free playlist on YouTube is the same videos or if there are some out there I'm missing. Lunde seems to have a much better understanding of ACI than Brian McGahn in the INE videos. Brian almost acts like he's learning the material as he's teaching. Have you found anything out that goes into more detail though than just got objects tie together and building policy? The only how it actually works detail I've found was in the ACI Design Guide which describes all the station tables and how forwarding actually works and how configuration is pushed and stored.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-737909.pdf

-JC