Researching answers to Cisco test questions.

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
It there any benefit to researching the answers to test questions I saw on my Cisco exam? I have no intention of sharing anything I remember from the exam, but what are the chances of seeing the same questions on future exams? I only remember a few, that stumped me, one of which I definitely know I got wrong. icon_sad.gif
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    Cisco takes questions from a pool of questions they have made for whichever exam you took. Probably a good chance you will see some of the same questions. I wouldn't say many though, unless you get lucky. But if you search the Internet for the exact question, you will undoubtedly end up on a **** site, and you know how everyone here feels about ****.

Edit: if you know the questions you got stumped on, why not look up that topic in the book that you studied? That's what I would do.
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    It there any benefit to researching the answers to test questions I saw on my Cisco exam?

So that you can learn and fill in the gaps in knowledge that you're expected to have after taking the exam?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    atippett wrote: »
    Edit: if you know the questions you got stumped on, why not look up that topic in the book that you studied? That's what I would do.

One of the questions on the exam I've never seen in any of the training materials I used, I felt it was a very unfair question to ask. Basically it has to do with knowing a routers default value for a command, it took me a while to find the answer too, and I got it wrong on the exam. icon_cry.gif
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    TechGromit wrote: »
    One of the questions on the exam I've never seen in any of the training materials I used, I felt it was a very unfair question to ask. Basically it has to do with knowing a routers default value for a command, it took me a while to find the answer too, and I got it wrong on the exam. icon_cry.gif

Well I'm sure you'll knock it out next go around. Which exam did you take?
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a similar expierence with ICND2, there is a fair amount of stuff that isn't in the OCG or Lammles books. Had to go through Cisco's documentation for answers, which in my opinion makes it much harder to pass first time if you have no work expierence. I remember Odom explicitly stating that he wouldn't explain something because it wasn't on the exam then I got a question on it, but I can understand how it would be difficult to cover everything impeccably. Especailly if what Jeremy Cioara said is true about the adjustment curve; the higher the pass rate the more difficult Cisco will make their new exams.