MCSE/MCSA: 6 Cert Path to MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure w/ Specialties

roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
One of my goals for this year is to get MCSE 2016. They've recently made some major changes to their MCSE names and paths.

But since lots of the IT world is still on older OS's, and I only have my MCSA in Windows 7, I have some upgrades to do. Of course I want the shortest path to get there. Another goal is a Windows 10 MCSA. Unfortunately, Microsoft still does not have a Windows 7 MCSA ---> Windows 10 MCSA direct upgrade path. You have to go get a Windows 8.1 first, which boggles my mind (who uses 8.1 anyway?).

Anyway, I put together an upgrade path from the Windows 7 MCSA (70-686), all the way through an MCSA/MCSE with Win10/Windows 2016, and some new MCSE specializations. I have a spreadsheet if anyone wants it, but this is a screenshot. Also, via my school I get academic pricing on certs, which is why you see different prices listed.

But in total, this path will take 6 exams (or about $1000 in exam fees) and get you the following, assuming you are starting off like me, with an MCSA/MCITP:EA in Windows 7:

1) MCSA 2012
2) MCSE 2016: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
3) MCSA Win8
4) MCSA Win10
5) MCSE: Mobility (ie: Sharepoint)
6) MCSE: Productivity (ie: Exchange)

I figure a year to do all this isn't a bad investment to pretty much dominate in the Microsoft cert department.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbby8p2fqcljbxm/Screenshot%202017-02-23%2004.13.31.png?dl=0
浪人 MSISA:WGU
ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    The one flaw in your plan is that the Windows 8 exams are retired, so no MCSA Win8, and no single exam upgrade to MCSA Win10. So same number of exams, with one fewer cert.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well thats new to me. I made this in December. Again, its absurd to not have an upgrade from Win7 to 10. But then again, its a money maker for them to force the certs path on us.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yeah, Windows 8 seems to be the child that Microsoft doesn't want to talk about. They retired the Windows 8 exams at the end of 2016. The Windows 7 exams are scheduled to retire in mid 2018.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM