Can GIAC help me save my marriage?

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
I was admiring my GIAC certifications on my wall today, and noticed ANSI on the certification, so I looked up the organization. I found the ANSI certification awarded to SANS Institute, with the address 8120 Woodmount Avenue, Suite 205, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA. I looked up this address on the internet and found a counseling center at the same location:

https://familytherapyllc.com/contact-me/

I also found a number of therapists using the same address information, here's a few.

Keith Miller & Associates Counseling
8120 Woodmont Avenue
Suite 205
Bethesda, MD 20814

Bashkim Kadriu
Psychiatry
8120 Woodmont Ave
Suite 205
Bethesda, MD 20814

I question why an organization that has 30 million dollars in sales a year has to share space with therapists. And it not a question of SANS moving into new offices that were formally rented by therapists, the address information for SANS dates back several years. Perhaps next time I fail a GIAC certification exam, maybe I can get therapy there. icon_cool.gif
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Simple. They are mostly a virtual organization. My wife works for a company that is structured similarly, does triple of that in sales, yet has a tiny physical office that looks like Sauls' office in the back of the nail parlor in Better Call Saul.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Says they are in Suite 310 on the SANS website. Guessing they were previous in Suite 205 and they are moving on up in the world. icon_cheers.gif

Maybe, I guess the suite 205 information could be outdated.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you watched the series, Billions? Pig Vomit is on it, and it is a pretty intense show & I loved it. They had a therapist onsite for their employees, it possibly helps people's stress levels being able to speak to shrink fairly quickly.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't forget they have offices all over. You're also not looking at where SANS, CIS, GIAC call home. Because a lot of them are different addresses. They even have an office in Hawaii.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The counselors are ANSI certified as well. ... this is where I get most of my 1,000 CPE's / year. LOL !!!

Yes I can confirm with TacoRocket that SANS has someone working in Hawaii and a great deal of the SANS folks are a part of the nomads in InfoSec because these folks travel to different conferences to setup / tear down for the conferences. Most of the instructors themselves have their own company and teach on the side.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like it's a mail stop, accountant or lawyer. There are several in the DC area that do this for a wide range of firms that want to look like they have an office in the area but not have a mailbox place show up if someone looks at Google maps.