Options

I'm already an Associate of (ISC)2. Any complications with a second cert?

tithom1tithom1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
(Background: I changed careers in January from Java and C# web development to InfoSec.)

I took the SSCP exam and passed it a week ago, but I don't yet have one year's experience with the domains, so I'm an Associate of (ISC)2 until next year.

I'm planning on taking the CSSLP exam soon, which covers the secure software life cycle. I do have the required experience in the CSSLP domains, so if I pass that exam, I can immediately begin the process to obtain the official certification.

My question is: how will that process work? I'm already an Associate that's tied to my SSCP completion. If I successfully pass the CSSLP and actually obtain that certification, will that cause any issues? I guess that I'd simultaneously be a CSSLP and an Associate of (ISC)2, which will look very odd on a resume or LinkedIn account, haha.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    whoa whoa whoa. Already breaking one of the ISC2 guidelines after one week!?

Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than“Associate of (ISC)²”. Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than “Associate of (ISC)²”, in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)²certification.

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(...guidelines.pdf

Just kidding, well kinda ;) and yes, pretty sure you would be a CSSLP and an Associate at the same time. I don't think it would look that weird. It would just confirm that you have passed another one of their exams and just waiting on getting the experience.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First rule of fight club, do not talk about fight club.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I were in your situation, I'd probably just list CSSLP, and leave out the Associate part until the SSCP is finalized next year.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I think if you leave Associate of (ISC)2 on your resume/LinkedIn, then people will assume that you sat the CISSP exam. And if you are asked, you can legitimately refuse to answer. This may or may not be a good thing.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM