God is good.......70-410 cleared!!!!!!!! :-)

2»

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Oh yeah :D Thanks!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Oh yeah :D Thanks!

Doesn't that look much better? :)
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Well done Greg.
    AvgITGeek wrote: »
    Doesn't that look much better? :)

Hope fully that upcomming will get alot shorter.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    If you have any questions regarding content for 411, post back here. There aren't that many decent books for 411 and 412 out there but many of us may have TechNet articles specifically bookmarked or who have labbed similar situations.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. I see more questions in the CCNA/CCENT forum than this one and it makes me sad.
    Hey I do have a question. I created a hyper v generation 2 host because I had issues trying to pxe boot with with generation 1 vm. I used a generation 2 and I was able to boot into Windows Deployment Services and and installed an image with windows 7. however the problem started afterwards where the os install was finished. The vm would boot and just show hyper v settings on the screen and wont actually boot into the hard drive for windows 7.

.................Any Thoughts or ideas would be appreciated......................
    :

• TETONITETONI Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Planning on taking the A+ and N+ cert exam in a couple of months time. Kindly request for online materials. Thanks in advance
  • TETONITETONI Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kindly assist with materials for A+ and N+ cert exmam.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TETONI wrote: »
    Planning on taking the A+ and N+ cert exam in a couple of months time. Kindly request for online materials. Thanks in advance

You'll have better luck with this question on the CompTIA forum here CompTIA Forums
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Hey I do have a question. I created a hyper v generation 2 host because I had issues trying to pxe boot with with generation 1 vm. I used a generation 2 and I was able to boot into Windows Deployment Services and and installed an image with windows 7. however the problem started afterwards where the os install was finished. The vm would boot and just show hyper v settings on the screen and wont actually boot into the hard drive for windows 7.

.................Any Thoughts or ideas would be appreciated......................

I pulled my hair out for a while with PXE booting Gen1 VMs in Hyper-V. There is an issue with Gen1 and PXE booting with the synthetic adapter. I've always installed a legacy adapter and that seemed to fix things. Also, now that you are onto the 411, stick with Gen2. Any particular reason you were using Gen1? CD\DVD issues? I made ISOs out of all my installation media so I don't miss Gen1 at all.

I have seen the second issue but I forget what I did to resolve it (if anything other than creating a new VM)