Options

help with a faulty graphics card

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
hi everyone i have a geforce fx 5900 ultra and when running its completely fine other than large pixels on the screen like lines across the screen looks like a green colour like the way lawns a mowed on a football pitch. It has been tested in 2 machines the same thing.

its a new card dont wanna take back but can i fix this or do you know where i can get it fixed/tested?

i was told it might be needed the lastest drivers but that cant be it can it?
it has vertical lines and horizontal lines over the screen above the graphics displayed on screen. Please help. I live in UK and need a place to send it for fixing!!! How much will it cost?

thanks for your help! icon_sad.gif
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you dont have a lot of options with video cards. When you boot up and it shows the POST screen does it look normal with white letters? If it does then download the newest drivers for your mobo and video card. If the post screen is also messed up then send that card back.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    did you try installing the card in another system to see if it gives the same results?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    I encounter this exact same problem at work at least once a week. When I see those gray lines across the screen, I replace the video card and it seems to do the trick. My advise is same as bellboy's. Try that card on another machine, if it does the same thing, you will have to get a new card
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    thanks guys i think its dead did try in another machine so ill change it
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '