Audio/Video Editing Software Recommendation

Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

Just have a quick question/need a recommendation. I am using a Windows 7 Laptop and Windows 10 Laptop.
I want to know what you use for Audio editing and Video editing (prefer cheap or free options).

I just installed Audacity for my laptop and learning that. I will be updating it to include Windows Movie Maker.
However, there maybe some other free/cheap options for audio and video editing.

I think I would like very basic software, generally because I want to start a podcast and video cast (youtube, etc).
I already have a crappy mic, headphone, and a point/shoot camera. I want to learn the editing part of things.

Thank you for any recommendations that you may have.

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd ditch Windows 10 and run Ubuntu Studio. Perhaps partition/dual boot to verify good hardware compatibility before expanding the partition to wipe win10.
    Ubuntu Studio
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am running the Davinci Resolve free edition for my car and personal videos. It has a short learning curve and there's a strong user base with a good amount of demos on YouTube in case you get stuck.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am running the Davinci Resolve free edition for my car and personal videos. It has a short learning curve and there's a strong user base with a good amount of demos on YouTube in case you get stuck.

Is that geared towards video casts like the OP is looking for? I'm looking for the same thing as the OP so just curious. I too would like something simple to use to be able to do picture in picture, split screen and other features of instructional videos. DaVinci looks more like for professional editing.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    To me it seems very basic, yet powerful. YMMV. I downloaded it, watched a couple of demos on YouTube, and had my first video with 3 sources, titles, voice, and music within 2 hours. Second video took me 30 min.