Just passed GCFA

pysicalpysical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed GCFA with a 90%. This was my 2nd cert I have received with first being Sec+. Next in line is the GXPN.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. Interesting choice going for GXPN next and skipping GPEN. What's your IT background?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • pysicalpysical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Interesting choice going for GXPN next and skipping GPEN. What's your IT background?

I have no professional IT background. Took a bootcamp for Sec+, then did the SANS 6 day course for GCFA. Will be doing another 6 day for the SEC660.
  • sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    Congratulations
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    660 isn't exactly for novices, and it doesn't give you the overall hacking breadth that 560 gives you. your cert history doesn't indicate you'd necessarily be on the 660 path. are you looking to just learn random things about random topics, are you working in infosec, etc? It sounds like you've got an interesting (or fake?) story to tell.....
  • pysicalpysical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    660 isn't exactly for novices, and it doesn't give you the overall hacking breadth that 560 gives you. your cert history doesn't indicate you'd necessarily be on the 660 path. are you looking to just learn random things about random topics, are you working in infosec, etc? It sounds like you've got an interesting (or fake?) story to tell.....

Lol, what are you trying to say?

I am taking classes that are required for my job, and ones that are of interest of me. And yes I am working in a IT job since I received the Sec+ middle of last year.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pysical wrote: »
    Just passed GCFA with a 90%. This was my 2nd cert I have received with first being Sec+. Next in line is the GXPN.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Congrats! I'm scheduled for the GCFA at the end of May. How much time did you let go by before you went for the test?
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats...that was a tough test and you really killed it.