VCP6-DCV - Pass

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
Passed this with a 397 today. Got it in with about 4 weeks to spare before my cert expired.

I thought it was harder than previous VCP exams. I suspect some of the more fundamental vCenter constructs, configuration maximums, etc that I used to see on tests must be in the VCA now. I tried giving myself 2 weeks to study for the test thinking that would be enough time to pick up some of the newer vSphere 6 stuff that I am not using in any of my environments, plus accounting for me not having deployed vCSA in a real environment, and I ended up rescheduling twice because I wasn't ready.

Now that this one is out of the way, I have a lot of catching up to do in general with certification. Last year was hell personally and I didn't have the mental energy or the time for much of anything. I'm making a push to get updated Windows certs to the MCSA level (low hanging fruit for the most part that I have not been particularly motivated to grab) before getting back to VMware... VCP6(or 7)-CDM may be what I jump into next, now that I have licensing to deploy most of the vRealize suite in my environment.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats. I don't have this one.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I just about got through the VCP6-DCV delta exam last week (a couple of weeks before mine expired), and I thought it was harder than previous versions too. Good luck on the rest of your studies.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.