EIGRP Metric Calculation on ICND2

wseyllerwseyller Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering the opinion of others on whether it would be likely or not that the exam would ask to calculate the metric. I understand the parameters of it but do I really need to have it down to be able to calculate this on the spot. I am automatically assuming they won't ask to calculate with K values as Cisco doesn't recommend changing them anyway.

Comments

• router_switchrouter_switch Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Know the K values, don't worry about the math.
  • wseyllerwseyller Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In the cisco press book, at least the parts I've read and re-read while taking notes, it doesn't seem they discuss the items involved in the calculation in relation to K values. It barely mentions the named items such as reliability and load in show commands but are never associated to K values in the book. Most of the knowledge I have about them have been through videos which you know how sometimes they go beyond the certification requirements a bit.
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would assume that the only values of importance are Bandwidth & Delay as generally the other K-values are beyond the scope of the CCNA/ICND2. Without access to a calculator I would highly doubt they would ask you to hand calculate some obscure metric.
  • Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Cisco Exam Topics website doesn't mention it specifically, and I imagine it would if something that challenging (for those who are not strong in math) would be on the test. These tests are designed to be passable by people without college degrees. Just my opinion.