70-411 passed. MCSA Done.

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
I bought a booster pack at the end of August of last year and put this off to the very last week. I failed the exam back in December of 2014 and took a big break. I decided the booster pack was worth it and bought it with the intent of using it not long after. Well I put it off at first then, had some medical issues with new baby number 4 and one of my other son's and basically was about to just give up on taking this at all.

I decided that I would at least give it a shot since it wouldn't cost me any money at this point. I scheduled my first exam on Feb 24th. I did some very light studying and took the exam and scored a 420. Well I did better than I thought I would have but it still pissed me off. I focused on my week areas and watched all the itpro.tv videos and took the exam earlier today and passed with a 717. I was praying to the man up stairs on this one.

I got into the test and got through the first 20 questions within 30 minutes and started to feel like I was actually going to pass at that point. I was still very surprised to see the Congrats you passed at the end. I got quite a few questions on NPS/NAP which is what I really didn't study. Got a bit on GPO's and AD. Know what commands are used to do various things in AD and used for GPO's.

I would say that the itpro.tv monthly subscription was worth it as they hit on many points cbtnuggets didn't. I also like their format of videos better than cbtnuggets and actually found myself laughing at their jokes. The key thing with the videos is to pay attention to even the minor details in them as they helped a bit.

Now to decide whether to go after the MCSE or upgrade to MCSA 2016.

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent, congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • ViolatedViolated Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

CBTNuggets changed the 70-410 videos in the last couple of weeks and, having gone through it, can tell you that they're WAY better than Conrad's course (imo). Much more straightforward with some real emphasis on Powershell.

Did you hear they're changing the MCSE requirements?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    njclay2004 wrote: »
    Congrats!

CBTNuggets changed the 70-410 videos in the last couple of weeks and, having gone through it, can tell you that they're WAY better than Conrad's course (imo). Much more straightforward with some real emphasis on Powershell.

Did you hear they're changing the MCSE requirements?

As far as I know they already have changed them from what is on their site. I am trying to decide on taking either the 70-413 or the 414. I know more of the material on the 414 I think so I am leaning more towards that.

By the way thanks guys!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice job! Congrats!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's awesome... Plan on taking my first shot at 411 in late June. Just need to find the correct material to study. I have access the pluralsight website for a couple months. I just need a book to read and maybe a lab book to create a new lab environment..

Once again great job!!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm going to start studying this soon!
    Break time..!
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hope to have that in my signature block in the next couple of months. Work keeps dragging me in different directions. Started out with the 412 to finish it off but getting more clients with SQL Server and I am very familiar with SQL Server. Decisions...
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks guys. Good luck to those treading down this path as well.
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Definitely not an easy batch of tests, despite stereotypes set by early microsoft tests