Passed the 70-410 this morning!

drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I took my very first ever certification exam today. The 70-410. Having never taken one of these before I wasn't sure what to expect, but as I sat down and started clicking through the questions I felt like I was getting the upper hand on this exam. I've been studying for the last 4+ months or so.

I've been a Sysadmin for the last 7 years. Primarily focused various versions of Windows Server. Even then, if I would not have studied, I would not have passed. The experience did help (I'm guessing), on those questions you get on the test you just didn't study for.

Materials used:

CBT Nuggets
Infinity Skills
testout/labsim
MS 70-410 Reference Book
Experience
I found what helped me was breaking the exam into the 6 objectives and then taking notes on each one. Breaking those down into the sub-objectives. I would add to those notes after reading/watching content on the objective from various sources. Everyone has a different take on the objective and covers some slightly different content.

After doing all of that.. I passed this morning with an 830.

Now on to the 411. I studied pretty hard for the last few weeks, I'll take a few days off while I research material for the 411. I'm guessing I'll keep with the testout subscription. It's pretty handy with LabSim. Probably one of the best resources, other than experience.
Break time..!

Comments

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm looking to take this one in a few weeks.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam... i been looking around for material for the 411 myself. So many books but don't know which one to start out with. I came across the exam Ref MCSA 70-411 .. just started with that one so far.. One of my co-workers gave me MSCA windows server 2012 r2 administration study guide 70-411.. He had it in a pdf format so i will have to check that out later.

If you find any other good material or better books please let me know,
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will do. I'll probably pick up the 70-411 exam reference book. I wasn't too impressed with the 70-410 book and it was full of typo's and mistakes, but the practice questions were pretty nice. Also some of the exam tips were helpful.

I'll probably find a few books to read.. we'll see what Amazon reviews says is good.
    Break time..!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CONGRATSicon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif Knew you could it.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job!

There isn't a whole lot of good material for the 411 and 412 printed wise I've found. If I thought TechNet was my friend for the 410, it became my significant other for the 411 and now with the 412.
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score! I'm glad that the voucher was put to good use. :)
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score! I'm glad that the voucher was put to good use. :)
    Thanks again!
    Break time..!
  • jertsyjertsy Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, im on the 70-411 now.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, great job! And especially with that being your first ever certification exam and getting such a high score! I'm impressed! Good luck on the 411, I'm sure you'll do great!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"