Options

Passed Tibco Businessworks Certification

jrob48jrob48 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my TB0-114 (tibco activematrix buseinssworks 5) cert. I must say it was one of the most challenging certs I've ever taken. I've worked with the products for some time and still had to really prepare for it.

Thought I would pass along some advice to anyone interested in taking it:

-you MUST have a reasonable amount of experience with the products
-the test ask very detailed questions that most people won't know from experience alone, so even if you know the product a serious amount of studying is required
-read ALL the documentation provided with the products (can be found in the docs folder of the installs), there is a list on the TB0-114 webpage
-some documentation is over 700 pages so take your time
-It is a very difficult exam so don't get discouraged, it took me three times which is the most I have ever needed for an exam.
-the BW611 and BW651 classes are good to get started with the product, but I didn't feel it prepared me for the exam at all, and are very expensive.

I know this isn't a very popular cert due to the cost of a TIBCO Businessworks implementation, but I hope this helps those looking into it.

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

I think it's good to see this post here. I have many customers that have TIBCO products as part of their infrastructures. Still, the support and management of TIBCO products tends to be very specialized.

MS
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    hey! way to go Louisville!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass and new cred :)

-Ken
  • Options
    ranganath.uranganath.u Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation for completing the course. Apartment the documents they have provided in the certification link and pdf documents in tibco installation. Apart from that what are the stuff you have referred which helps in doing certification? Actually I am planning to do tibco bw 6.x certification.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SonsandySonsandy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Congrats, can you let me know what are the docs that we have to prepare for the test.

Thank You!

Regards
    Andy