MTA: 98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamentals

ITJay88ITJay88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums, and I was just wondering if i can get some insight on the MTA: 98-365 exam. I'm scheduled to take my MTA: 98-365 in the next month, and the resources that I'm currently using right now for studying are...

1.) Pluralsight (Windows Server Administration Fundamentals videos)
2.) Windows Server Server Administration Fundamentals by Wiley

I was just wondering if anyone knew any other resources that I can study from, or possibly a better resource so that I can pass the test on the first try.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the MTA exam I found the study guide you could buy from Microsoft Press all I needed. It is a short book. I studied the book from Microsoft for about a week and passed the 98-365 with ease. This cert is really good at giving you fundamental Active Directory knowledge that will help for later Microsoft certifications. I found this certification really helped me prepare for the MCTS: Windows 7 certification since Active Directory was my weak area.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • ITJay88ITJay88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Moon Child, Thanks for the response. I was wondering if you can tell what the Microsoft book's actual title was so I can search it up. I also wanted to ask if you can provide some insight on the difficulty of the exam and also the length of questions. Anything will definitely be appreciated!
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Moon Child wrote: »
    For the MTA exam I found the study guide you could buy from Microsoft Press all I needed. It is a short book. I studied the book from Microsoft for about a week and passed the 98-365 with ease. This cert is really good at giving you fundamental Active Directory knowledge that will help for later Microsoft certifications. I found this certification really helped me prepare for the MCTS: Windows 7 certification since Active Directory was my weak area.

I do recognize the OP asked for personal experience, so I respect your opinion on it, but I think you need be a little careful in saying a week of study and passing with ease. It is probably incumbent on if this person has any tech experience going into it. I found this exam fairly difficult personally for the same reasons you mention, AD being a weak area. I actually failed this test because (not you, and this isn't personal) people on this forum said it was easy as pie hah.. - I read the book once, over a week, and tanked the test. I took it more seriously the next time and passed easily after 2 more weeks of study. We can agree on one thing, it was a great start on the 680, 685, and especially the 686.

My personal experience is: of the 6 MTAs I took, this was twice as hard as any of the other ones. The easiest one by FAR ast the OS one...

Good luck OP!
  • ITJay88ITJay88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SweenMachine,

When you studied the second time around, what kind of resources did you use? I'm currently using PluralSight for it right now, and the Wiley book for references. Also, how long ago did you take the 98-365?

Thanks