Anyone take 70-347/346?

2»

Comments

• PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Taking this tomorrow. I'm going brain-dead on powershell, so bloody many commands..
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll be fine bud. Just remember MSOL commands in the multiple choice ones are more than likely going to be the answer, so you can narrow it down if you're a bit stuck. I've just passed 70-347 myself. Compared to 346, it's par on the difficulty, fewer command questions, but the ones that do appear are script based and tend to more meaty.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
  • PandaPopPandaPop Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck Piers, would be interested to see if any AzureAD Powershell v2 cmdlets have found their way into these exams yet.
    Passed the 70-346 a few months ago and just about to start on the 70-347..
    Would ditto the above comments, definitely need to know your Powershell, Ports and the layout of ADFS for the 346.
    Passed, and did a lot better than I was feeling during the exam. Seems very up-to-date with case studies involving Office 2016, Exchange 206, newest features etc. LOTS of powershell, I think dedicating time to learning as many commands as I could paid off, and yes, several questions involving SSO and ADFS. Glad I went overboard on drilling that into my head.
    and with the pass, I'm going to take this to heart and launch right into the 347 requirements while everything is so fresh. Anyone else done the 347? I found the skillport videos pretty good, and I hit a lot of topics with this guy's guide
    https://absolute-sharepoint.com/70-346-study-guide , helped find little areas I missed before
    gilesjp wrote: »
    There is a lot of overlap in 70-346 and 70-347 maybe only 40% new stuff in 70-347. As someone mentioned above drill the heck out of measureup for this exam.
    Piers wrote: »
    and with the pass, I'm going to take this to heart and launch right into the 347 requirements while everything is so fresh. Anyone else done the 347? I found the skillport videos pretty good, and I hit a lot of topics with this guy's guide
    https://absolute-sharepoint.com/70-346-study-guide , helped find little areas I missed before

Passed 347 last night. I used Pluralsight for the videos, watched a load of YouTube videos I could find, lots of labbing (this was key for me to remember the commands) and setting up SharePoint, Skype for Business, etcetera. Exam, compared to 346, is very similar and there is some overlap. Definitely get on the bandwagon for it now with the 346 materials fresh and you'll have it knocked out before long.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
    right on, cheers! and Congrats on the pass and the MCSA!
    Anyone who's taken the 347 exam remember how much eDiscovery there was on there? I'm having trouble with the topic, it's just not sinking in, wondering how much I should dedicate to this headache
    Piers wrote: »
    Anyone who's taken the 347 exam remember how much eDiscovery there was on there? I'm having trouble with the topic, it's just not sinking in, wondering how much I should dedicate to this headache

A question or two. It's just one small topic, so don't get too strung up on it. Ensure you know the features (GUI & PowerShell, as always!), roles & permissions as well as you can.
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the 70-346 on May 5th and taking the 347 on June 7th. I'm having an issue remembering the PowerShell cmdlets, but I created a OneNote for each service, and practice with my test enviroment my company has to help me out. Hopefully by the test date I will do well.

I remember when i was taking the 70-346 I thought I failed it! I was surprised when I saw pass on my screen. Only because I was weak with ADFS and couldn't really grasp the setup as I only did it once during a lab environment.
    Congrats!
  • KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanted to bump this, because now at the start of the new year I am thinking about my next cert. This past november I got Apple Mac Integration 10.12 and in October I got Server+. I was thinking of going for the MCSA O365 for my next test, but possibly doing something easier like the MTA Database Fundamentals. How difficult is the 70-346/347? My main concern is that I'm always reading about Microsoft wording the questions strangely or that they make it overly difficult. How does this rank in difficult to say the Server 2012 MCSA?
  • mcridemcride Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tthank you all for the info posted in this thread. The info you shared is a great help. I passed Exchange 2016 Certification back in August, and I am now going to try and knock out the O365 test.

Kandinsky,
    First off, Don't be scared off by the difficulty. It is obtainable.I consider the Microsoft test to be difficult, but with the right study material you can pass. Measure Up practice test will give you the idea of the format of the questions, and will make you feel more comfortable with the layout of the test. I would highly suggest a Office 365 free 30 day trial to practice with. Hands on experience will be very beneficial. I am an Exchange Administrator, but we are an Exchange 2013 On Premise shop, and we are just now entertaining the idea of making the move to office 365. I have no experience with office 365, but look forward to learning. I'll share what I find to try and help you out. I plan on attending a 3 day online class in February, and I also purchased Exam Ref 70-346 Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements (2nd Edition) to get me started. Use the advice in this thread. Any videos you can find, watch them. Good luck to you, and let me know if there is any topics you are struggling with, and I will try and help any way I can.
  • KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @mcride: thanks. I have a book for the 70-346 and a plural sight course and a practice test by Transcender. Hopefully that will be enough study materials. I work for an MSP and they use Office 365 and I also have access to Exchange servers. so I could do a bit of practical exercises. I think I will skip the MTA for now and just go straight for the MCSA. I skimmed through the material and it doesn't look terribly difficult. I'm also trying to learn some powershell as well. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
  • A.WA.W Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Folks.

I have passed both in the last few months and I would say (from my experience) that 347 is a little tougher that 346 and I have used 365 from an admin perspective for around 2 years.

Like most of the contributors above I used CBT (3 times each course with complete concentration), Pluralsight, both the MS books by Orin Thomas and followed the links to technet articles.

I recently shared some links with a colleague that had all important information on the new content for 347 so I will post them below and I urge you all to take a look as some of it really was invaluable to me.

p.s. I am less experienced on the sharpoint side of things so had to really swat up and I found CBT barely covered the required knowledge on PBX so link 1 below and all the interactive guides are so worth doing.

1. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Online-Interactive-Guides/Updated-Online-Interactive-Guides/m-p/28352#M1

2. https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/microsoft-teams

3. https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/sharepoint-online-collaboration-planning-configuring/table-of-contents

4. Reference to Available PowerShell Cmdlets in Exchange Online

5. https://collab365.community/ultimate-introduction-microsoft-flow-powerapps/

6. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/MicrosoftTeams/Microsoft-Teams

7. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/DeployOffice/configuration-options-for-the-office-2016-deployment-tool?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Hope this helps!
  • ltwillltwill Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed 70-347 today barely. Was surprised by how many Staff Hub, Teams, Flow and PowerApps questions there were. At least one on each topic and I think a few for Teams and Staff Hub.

For example - Flow - pick the steps to have an email notification sent each time twitter account is updated. Do you use a template or build from scratch etc.

Staff Hub - around permissons if auto provisioning is on etc.

Teams - around membership

Exam had question on update channels - three options Semi-Annual, Semi-Annual Targeted and Monthly - then you were t match it to three scenarios like IT Administrators for Office 365, Office 365 Pro Plus and Visio Pro

Question on migrating one drive for business files to Office365 - three scenarios for example 50000 files need t maintain permissions
    drop down for each scenario - self service method or third party tool.

Many of the question still come from the **** floating around and outdated, they still had the old portal screen shot of sharepoint admin center and click on the two places for sharing - Sharing button and settings. This is wrong in real life but on test this is how you need to answer.

Was surprised about how many new question and how many old.
  • Punkr0cker99Punkr0cker99 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey folks,

I also have passed 70-346 a few months ago, been lingering a bit on 70-347 and now I´m preparing to face the challenge once more.
    The measure up exams are really expensive though, was wondering if someone here was willing to share it?

Thanks!
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the 70-347 exam last June. I did on my first shot. I noticed there is a lot of overlap from the 346. I would make sure you know the security and compliance gui and powershell commands.
  • alblacklandalblackland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am just beginning 70-346. keeping an eye on this thread :)
    Taking the 70-346 tomorrow any tips about the exam?
  • fibercoolfibercool Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How it was? any advice? ;)
    I passed. Lucky I know POWERSHELL and ADFS really well. On to 70-347
  • peteyfbabypeteyfbaby Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Taking 347 tomorrow. After studying and passing 346, seems like it's gonna be a lot of overlap. Hoping I'm not wrong.
  • fibercoolfibercool Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    Taking 347 tomorrow. After studying and passing 346, seems like it's gonna be a lot of overlap. Hoping I'm not wrong.

Did you pass? any advice about what areas do you recommend pay attention when studying?
    Microsoft site was under maintenance and I couldn't take it. I'll take it Thursday and let you know how it went.
    Finally passed! on to 70-339! Know ADFS front to back!!!
  • kosta-kkosta-k Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys,
    how do you practice/do labs for office 365?
    is there any way to get a free account for studying?
  • herathherath Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    register for Azure account and make your own lab. they give one month free trial. it would be enough for practice. + Go through CBT nuggets Video series. It has everything you want. You can get them on eBay for like $10.
  • B-Lock1888B-Lock1888 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed 70-346 a couple weeks ago and now moving on to 70-347. Is anyone else studying for 70-347?
  • B-Lock1888B-Lock1888 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took 70-347 today and did not pass. I felt very confident that I would pass without a problem. I used MeasureUp practice test along with google and docs. I used the practice test to become familiar with the test layout and to learn what I needed to google with the objectives.
    I was scoring between 86% and 90% straight up every time. There were some questions that the test marked incorrect that were in fact correct.
    When I took the test it seemed to me there was not much of what I studied via the practice test on the actual test itself. If anyone has any study materials or references to share that would be amazing.
    Thanks in advance.