Options

Where to start for A+ Certification

farhad1371farhad1371 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone
I'm looking to get A+ Certification either online or go to school, i have not much knowledge in IT before, this would be my first setup in IT, I'm wondering if you guys recommend me taking online classes or to go school? And if you have recommendation of good school (I live in Montreal) or websites to train for A+?

Really appreciate
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try www.professormessor.com he has all the material for the A+ and their free. I would also recommend a book by Mike a Myers that you can find on Amazon.
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    i never saw mike myer's videos but i have read several of his books and i liked them. you can watch his video course at udemy
  • Options
    VipreArmedVipreArmed Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To piggyback off the OP's question, for those experienced in Comptia A+ certification, how difficult is the exam to pass with those with a fairly intermediate background of hardware and software technology? I have Mike Myer's A+ All-In-One-Book and I'm following with little to no difficulty so far but I see classes and bootcamp training that is pricey (sometimes up $4,000 USD) and I'm wondering if it's something that I need to do or can I study and pass on my own? And if so, have people done it?

I really don't want to pay for classes but I figure it's time for me to start putting some of my computer knowledge to good use and get certified. I'm just curious to know if it's something people have studied on their own with relatively good success.

Thanks ahead of time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    david farringtondavid farrington Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had written a blog about preparing for the A+ exams. https://davidfarringtonblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/7-steps-in-preparing-for-a-comp-tia-exam/ Please feel free to check it out and if anyone has any suggestions to improve my blog, it would be much appreciated! Of course with all that said, I personally have used Professor Messor's site, Mike Meyer's A+ AIO, The exam cram, and various forums. Finally, practice test can serve as an important tool in final preparation. Make the sure that the practice exams are from reputable companies approved by Comp TIA.
  • Options
    VipreArmedVipreArmed Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had written a blog about preparing for the A+ exams. https://davidfarringtonblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/7-steps-in-preparing-for-a-comp-tia-exam/ Please feel free to check it out and if anyone has any suggestions to improve my blog, it would be much appreciated! Of course with all that said, I personally have used Professor Messor's site, Mike Meyer's A+ AIO, The exam cram, and various forums. Finally, practice test can serve as an important tool in final preparation. Make the sure that the practice exams are from reputable companies approved by Comp TIA.

Thanks.

I've briefly looked at a few of those sites already and have Meyer's A+ AIO. But thanks for the blog so I can find out more info.