Finally booked the CWNA

SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have been reading the Sybex book off and on for a couple months now. I'm fine with most of the theory, but remembering frequencies, midpoints of said frequencies and all of the other random specs seems pretty pointless when any intelligent individual would just consult reference material.

Talking to my one friend that has this one and in reading here and other forums, it seems like that is heavily tested to boot. For those of you that have taken it, is that accurate? I'm booked for March 18th so I've given myself one more month. Only giving this one a single shot since it is our of my own pocket.

Comments

• bodokidbodokid Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the CWNA in December and I really enjoyed it! They ask a lot of questions about surveys (a lot), not that much math but for me was harder than I expected, maybe a level more than CCNA R&S! All you need is the CWNA Deluxe book and you will be fine! Good luck!
  • SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bodokid wrote: »
    I took the CWNA in December and I really enjoyed it! They ask a lot of questions about surveys (a lot), not that much math but for me was harder than I expected, maybe a level more than CCNA R&S! All you need is the CWNA Deluxe book and you will be fine! Good luck!
    Will make sure to hit the site survey chapter a couple more times. Like I said, give me theory, real world application and all the good stuff but don't make me memorize MHz ranges, midpoint frequencies and what not -- no interest in that and I've had to do very little math as a wireless admin up to this point in my career -- been deploying and supporting it for nearly a decade.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I started reading for the CWNA myself in the last couple weeks. I read the first few chapters in the text as an additional prep for CWTS, and now that it's passed moving onward into the later chapters. This exam is going to be a challenge for me, but I'm sure it will be worthwhile knowledge. Keep us posted on how you do.
    Two weeks until my exam and I'm afraid it doesn't look very promising. Have watched the official CWNA videos from CWNP and started re-reading the book but I'm not remembering any of the minutiae. Guess we'll see where I am on the 18th. Giving it one shot.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stay with it and bring home a winner.
    Stay with it and bring home a winner.
    That's the goal. Feeling a little more confident as I went through the CWNP practice tests. Hope they're somewhat in line with the actual test.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Svoboda wrote: »
    That's the goal. Feeling a little more confident as I went through the CWNP practice tests. Hope they're somewhat in line with the actual test.

I recently took the CWTS and used the CWNP practice tests on their site to prepare. I found the question difficulty reflected similarly with the real exam, unlike some practice tests where the practice questions are ridiculously easy. They should help. I'm also using the CWNA practice questions to prep, so I surely hope they have the same look and feel for this exam.
    Passed today with a 93%

Some of the acronyms tripped me up (pretty sure I know the 4 questions I got wrong) and I'm happy to say I didn't get any tedious memorization type questions that I had worried myself about.
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and what cert. is next?