"All of the above" in the middle of the answers.

x2y2z2x2y2z2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have not taken the CISSP exam yet.

I came across a CISSP tests book and found that the answer to some questions is like this.

1. answer a
2. answer b
3. All of the above
4. answer c

Whats does answer 3 "all of the above" mean?
answer a,b,c
OR
answer a,b

It seems like the book says the answer is a,b,c. I would like to confirm if CISSP official test has these kind of patterns?

I had posted one other CISSP question (I am very new to this forum). Surprised to see not even a single answer from this forum :) I re-read the question today and didn't see any mistakes or anything that would seem inappropriate.

thank you
gn

Comments

• dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can say that I don't remember ever seeing that on any test I have ever taken
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Answer will be a,b and c
    This happen as answers are often mixed in positions
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I doubt you would ever see "all of the above" in the real exam stuck in the middle like that. Does not make any sense.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep you're most likely looking at a badly formatted practice question, don't get hung up on it.
  • x2y2z2x2y2z2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for clarification. I would expect official tests not to have these kind of answers.

There were more than few questions in the test I took had this answer in the middle. It also had "none of the above" in the middle :) I forgot the name of the source.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    I can say that I don't remember ever seeing that on any test I have ever taken

Agreed never seen any question like that. I used Sybex test questions, CCCure test questions, McGraw Shon Harris test questions, never came across anything like that.

What resource are you using?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm curious as to what everyone here would choose as the answer if it did end up on a real exam formatted like that.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    E Double U wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what everyone here would choose as the answer if it did end up on a real exam formatted like that.

Assuming that A+B are both possible correct options, then probably go for 3. Either it is badly formatted and c is a possibly correct answer also, in which case you'd choose 3 hoping that the exam marker knows what is going on, or it isn't badly formatted and c isn't a possibly correct answer, in which case you'd choose 3 because it is technically correct.

If it's just one of a, b or c which is right, then that's easy. The only problem cases would be if it is a+c or b+c.

Also, many of the exams have a way to flag problem questions, so that might be a good thing to do in any case.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    E Double U wrote: »

Ideally, you aren't going to see answer options like that. For question writers, the convention is to provide an answer in the form of "answer a and answer b" versus "all of the above".