Passed CEH exam 2/22/17

sully95sully95 Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, after months of studying, I passed. The test itself wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Felt like Security+ part 2. I'm definitely not saying don't study for it, just thought it would be different. I finished in an hour.

Why did I get it? To try and get my foot in the door with DoD or contracting somewhere. Working in a data center is cool, just don't see myself running cables and installing chassis all day.

What did I use to study? CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition 3rd Edition by Matt Walker, Skillset (the free one), and the EC-Council material.

What's next? Video games. Lots and lots of video games. CCNA was in September 2016, Sec+ in December 2016, and CEH in February. After updating the resume, it's break time.

Anyone have any leads on jobs looking for USMC vets? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Please tell me 95 is your age and not the year you are born.....snaps I'm getting old =(
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • sully95sully95 Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please tell me 95 is your age and not the year you are born.....snaps I'm getting old =(

Hahahaha nah. I'm 33. Yahoo Instant Messenger gave me that nickname back in 2000 and it kinda stuck.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    hahaha, congrats on the pass. Quick question, was NMAP the tool they had the most questions on?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should know NMAP but there are different exam questions within each pool. Study the book and do the lab. Just make sure you are not connected to the internets... you could get burned.
  • glathorglathor Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did you clear the 2 year security requirement? I work in a data center too but do Linux support. Was thinking of buying the expensive self-paced class to bypass that requirement.
  • CalibraCalibra Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

As for VET jobs, depends on what area you are in.
  • tobbytobby Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Sully, please what practice exams did you use? And how relevant were they to the actual exam questions?
  • apuhcapuhc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, from where did you buyed :"CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition 3rd Edition by Matt Walker," ? if ebook do you share it? :D

thx