Anyone looking to look at doing AWS CSA/Dev/Sysops with acloud guru, check this out

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys,

So I've been doing my AWS CSA on the side of working on my CCIE, and just wanted to point this out: A single associate level cert course on acloud.guru is $29. The three-associate bundle is $69.

However, if you go to Udemy right now, they have a $15 sale on select courses, three of them being those same associate courses offered by acloud (Which totals only $45 vs $69). If you purchase them there, you can "migrate" your purchase over to the acloud site and access everything offered for those courses (I believe there's some practice tests you don't get with Udemy).

Hope this helps.
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yeah, I did that. I think one of them didn't come across. I just wish he'd put up more of the courses on Udemy ;)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • ibaniban Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I'm using LinuxAcademy since January to prepare the AWS certs I am working on but honestly, I haven't had a chance of cheking acloud.guru. Is there any well known difference between them?
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    iban wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I'm using LinuxAcademy since January to prepare the AWS certs I am working on but honestly, I haven't had a chance of cheking acloud.guru. Is there any well known difference between them?

I've done both and acloudguru videos are geared moreso towards passing the exam while Linux Academy videos are geared towards covering the topics in the exam slightly more in depth. If you're only looking to pass the exam, acloudguru is more than enough. However if you're trying to gain a deeper understanding within each of the topics covered in the exam, I'd use Linux Academy.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • ibaniban Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm using LinuxAcademy for several trainings, finished the AWS CSA training and liked how the instructor explained the concepts. I will follow with them although they have different instructors.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Yeah, I did that. I think one of them didn't come across. I just wish he'd put up more of the courses on Udemy ;)
    Haha. This guy has the right mindset.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • init6init6 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I first bought the 3 ACG courses on Udemy for whatever low price they were. I'll point out that the courses currently on Udemy are a bit dated. They are about a year old. I bought the 3-course bundle on AC.guru and it's specifically for the "2017 exam". Having said that, I took the "beta" exam because it was 50% off ($75), and 80 questions instead of 60. I passed it on April 10 using a combination of (mostly) ACG and (less) Linux Academy. But Linux Academy's AWS courses are very, very good. In-depth and teaching you real world skills, not just exam areas. I found the exam to be one of the more difficult ones I've taken simply because it is more aimed at developers than sysadmins. I'll probably work on Developer Associate next, but I'm definitely comfortable working in AWS after doing the coursework and passing the exam.

**EDIT: Some of the differences between ACG and LA are as follows:

Ryan Kroonenburg, founder of ACG, is a guy who lives and breathes AWS training. That's all he does (although I guess he just launched a similar site for Salesforce training). He was a PHP developer previously. He has won Amazon community awards and he goes to all their conferences. He's an Australian living in London, so if you have trouble with that accent, be aware. I had no issues with it other than during the exam, my brain was reading the questions in his voice!

LA, and specifically Anthony James, are an American outfit, and come at you from a sysadmin perspective rather than a developer's. They can all code, of course, but if you come from a more sysadmin (or in your case, pure networking) background, then you might actually prefer the LA courses. I think ACG was "slicker" but there was far more content on LA. And they just released a new course for the 2017 exam that uses an external site for diagrams and slides, it's actually really slick! So they can definitely compete. With your extensive Cisco background you absolutely will not have any issues with the VPC portion or Route53 (DNS), and there are a lot of VPC questions. The bulk of the questions felt, to me, drawn from EC2, RDS, and VPC. But you need to know all the domains to pass. I watched lectures off and on, but not seriously, for about a month. And then I knuckled down for two weeks and blasted it out.