Blog

fpsofpso Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is there a benefit to having a blog?

Comments

• SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fpso wrote: »
    Is there a benefit to having a blog?

This is about the most vague question I have ever seen on this forum.... of course there is a benefit to having a blog for all kinds of people and businesses. As far as benefit for YOU to have a blog? Well, that I have no idea.. Can you expand on your request a little more?

-scott
  • fpsofpso Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol...sorry. In terms of people posting notes on their path to their certifications. Is it just to reinforce the material or is it to get some type of recognition?
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fpso wrote: »
    lol...sorry. In terms of people posting notes on their path to their certifications. Is it just to reinforce the material or is it to get some type of recognition?

I think my initial response came off pretty negative, so I apologize!

In regards to blogs, I think there is benefit to it from a standpoint of holding yourself accountable. I also think people who have a lot of knowledge to share benefit the whole IT community at large when they blog. But someone just starting off? It would really be a personal barometer kind of deal. I never blogged while certifying because I blog other things that hold my interest. Blogging can be a time suck, same as social media. But I have seen some pretty solid tech blogs out there that were started by someone growing their tech skills and it became something more.

-scott
  • fpsofpso Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    np, you were right I should have been more specific. Thanks for the response!
  • UrbanBobUrbanBob Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends on your goals. mostly it is to let others see what you are up to but you can gain profit from having a following.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some people want the exposure
    Some want to be recognized as an "authority"
    Some want to publish articles then connect them to Linkedin to increase their chance of getting a job
    Some want to provide information they weren't able to find and figure "as long as I'm doing it, I might as well publish what I find"

There are probably as many reasons to have a blog as there are people
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Blogs is an extension of yourself, which falls in the realm of your "Personal Brand".
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you like to write, yes.
    If you like to share your thoughts and ideas, yes.
    If you want to earn some money with AdSense, yes.
    If you want to be a future influencer, yes.
    If you want to travel and go to specific and related events for free, yes.

Lol redefine your question, :P.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"