Passed CISSP on my second attempt on 3/11/17!

wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I wanted to thank the Techexams community for the great suggestions for study materials. I used a lot of the same materials mentioned in so many posts but I think this second go around the most useful for my studies were the following:

CCCure practice test engine. The last time I took the test I used Transcender but I felt CCCure was a better in regards to how the CISSP exam is structured.

Cybrary - I donated some cash in appreciation to the great resource that Kelly Handerhan and Cybrary provided for the CISSP.

CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide by Shon Harris - I read up on the weaker areas using the AIO book to get a better understanding of what I was missing.

Training Camp boot camp - Since I went through the bootcamp the previous time and didn't pass I was allowed to take the course again for free. This time around I had a different instructor that gave me some new insight that helped a lot. It helped being in an environment where I can just solely focus on nothing but the CISSP for 6 days. I didn't take the exam on the last day of boot camp but studied the notes from class a lot in my preparation for the exam.

So relieved that exam is done!

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm looking into taking this exam soon. Going through the official practice tests now. I'm getting passing scores on all domains but only in the low 70s to low 80s, I still have some work to do I guess. What were your weakest and strongest subjects?
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you! I don't have the results of my previous test in front of me at the moment but I believe it was the "Security and Risk Management" domain that cost me from passing the last time. My score was a 668. I went against what was advised and went back reviewed and changed my answers. I think that contributed to my failed attempt the first time through.

Jasmin I think you are close because I was getting mostly mid 80's on the CCCure. My advise is to take a practice exam of the top 3 tested domains; Security and Risk Management (it's worth 16%), Security Operations (16%), and Identity and Access Management (13%) and see how you are doing. The other domains are important don't get me wrong but those 3 domains could make or break a passing score on the actual exam. Also I echo these exam pearls, they really helped me https://www.reddit.com/r/cissp/comments/4cj1ff/cissp_suggestions/ (glad someone else posted it saves me from typing it) :)

I hope that helps? Best of luck.
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    Congrats bro. but you're not yet a CISSP. You can't list it as part of your certs.
    Thank you and thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for the endorsement process to complete than add it.
  • JohnmuellerJohnmueller Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How was training camp? I got approval to take one of their boot camps in California shortly. Is it 10hr days? Supportive environment?
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I used Training Camp as well and had a great experience.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
    Thanks clarkincnet!

Johnmueller - I was pleased with Training Camp. The sessions go long with evening review sessions, which I highly recommend you attend. If you study before going into Training Camp, the boot camp should put you in a real good position for the exam. Best of luck.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What boot camp did you use and how do i get that ccure exams is it better than the isc2 exam book