Options

Advice for taking SK0-004 Server+?

certnoobcertnoob Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I don't have any IT certs but I've been in the field for about 5 years.
Basically right now I am a desktop tech but I have had my hands on some server technologies. RAID, practical datacenter experience, some server hardware experience, some Windows server administration, very limited Linux server administration.
I want to take the Server+ as my first cert and build some confidence, (which I severely lack in many areas of my life, haha) and prove to myself I CAN pass a cert and am good enough to advance in my career someday.
So I took a couple of practice exams online and it looks like I'm getting around the 75% mark - pretty good but maybe not good enough to pass.
So what would you recommend as far as a study guide or prep for the exam?
I am afraid to ask my employer to pay for the cert in case I bomb it. I'm not especially a great test taker, which raises some areas of concern for me. Do you guys know of any deals or packages where I could get a retake if necessary, I would just rather be safe than have to explain to my boss that I totally wasted their money. I do work in academia so it looks like I can get an academic discount on 1 voucher (they said "just for students" but I do have an .edu email address, so that looks like it's the only prerequisite!) but not sure if there's any packages available.

anyway, thanks a lot for any advice you can offer.

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My boss pay all certification exam if they are successfull. Just bring the invoice with the transcript. Perhaps this kind of agreement is possible for you.

I have a good boss in this regard.