Just passed 410!

njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D

... By the skin of my teeth, mind you, but I did it! Tried to take it two years ago with no studying (free voucher that was going to expire) and got a 300 for my troubles.

Anyway, how long does it typically take for my pass to appear on the Microsoft website? I'm positive that when I failed before, the result was listed immediately.

Comments

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! These aren't the easiest exams in the world, that's for sure.

I seem to remember it took a day or so for mine to show up and over two weeks to get the 'ol Congrats email from Microsoft.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Excellent News! icon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats! really tough exam! make sure you get your powershell commands down for the 411!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jertsyjertsy Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Microsoft says it may take up to a week for it to show on the Certification Portal but I think mine showed up in a couple days. So what's next? Are you going to move on to the 411 now?
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! :D

411 is definitely next - I originally was going to do 411 first since a majority of my job is focused more on administrative tasks buuuut ultimately settled on 410 first. Once I get the MCSA, not sure where I'll go from there. Maybe VMWare?
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well congrats on passing the exam. I know for me it only take about 1hr before it showed up in the portal. Right when I left the testing center went to work and log in. I was very happy to finally see it in the portal.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • ksmith40516ksmith40516 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I take mine on the 6th of April. I am pretty nervous, it will be my first server test.
    Congrats, I take mine on the 6th of April. I am pretty nervous, it will be my first server test.

Do you have any other MS certs under your belt? What are your study materials?
  • ksmith40516ksmith40516 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I dont want to hijack his post. I have 70-680. I am using transcender, MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 by Poulton, Networked Minds Videos, some CBT nugget videos, and the Microsoft Text.
    I dont want to hijack his post. I have 70-680. I am using transcender, MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 by Poulton, Networked Minds Videos, some CBT nugget videos, and the Microsoft Text.
    Start another post. Welcome to the board. Ask questions and don't be shy.

*her post, and it's no trouble at all. :) I'm probably going to create one soon about the 411 anyway. CBT Nuggets just released a new series with Garth Schulte for the 410 - it's infinitely better than the previous version AND comes with labs so you don't haaave to build your own if you don't have the time/finances/computing power. Cheers!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, this is a tough exam great achievement.
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What was your score?
    Break time..!
    draker wrote: »
    Congrats! What was your score?

750 which was the lowest passing score I've ever gotten on a professional exam but it was super tough so I'm not complaining!