Options

Would you suggest Todd Lammle or Wendell Odom for a CCNA book?

TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
As title says! Which would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Both. Always have more than 1 book, more than 1 video series and more than 1 lab guide.

I would start with Lammle though, then review with Odom. some say the other way, but it doesnt really matter as long as you engage both.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome thanks for the input
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I second what Cisco Inferno said, Lammle first, Odom second. Odom seems to deep dive more into things, and Lammle reads easily and seems conversational. Also agree that having more than 1 source for anything is always a plus.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Both. Always have more than 1 book, more than 1 video series and more than 1 lab guide.

I would start with Lammle though, then review with Odom. some say the other way, but it doesnt really matter as long as you engage both.

I'll agree with this: Lammle is very easy reading, but the detail is lacking. Odem is the complete opposite; loads of detail, but heavy reading. As suggested, use both, and them some.

For me, I plan to be over prepared when I go for the exams, as I can't afford to fail. Or to quote... "Failure is NOT an option!".
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For ICND1, either is fine. For ICND2, neither cover all objectives in enough depth. Boson practice exams fill the void rather well. I was able to pass ICND1 with Lammle and ICND2 with Lammle and Boson practice exams.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I only used Odom which was good enough for me.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS