Options

Passed 70-412

JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally passed the last exam I needed for my MCSA: Windows Server 2012. This exam was pretty difficult. Although, surprisingly I think the 70-411 was more difficult. Anyways, I'm happy I got that out of the way.

As far as study materials, I used Testout software (provided by one of my college courses), CBT Nuggets, Technet, and alot of labbing at home. I also used any practice tests I could find online.

I feel like the material on this exam was my favorite out of the three. I really enjoyed the fault tolerance/high availability topics and Certificate Services aspects. I think I'm going to focus on getting my CCNA: Security next as I plan on enrolling at WGU pretty soon. That will help me knock out another class. Good Luck to anyone taking this exam!

Comments

• Options
    njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoa congrats!! I know this one is supposed to be the toughest of all three so that's super awesome. :D
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No small feat. Congrats!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! great news. Good luck on the CCNA: Security.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I'm still flip-flopping on if I should take this one as it has a lot of good content (Clustering..) or SQL 2012.

Best of luck on the CCNA:S
  • Options
    JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on the CCNA:Security and WGU :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, great job!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"