Testout.com

JSNJSN Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know there has been threads on this topic, but I am looking for more updated reviews. TestOut has a service for $79 a month to access their entire cert library. I am looking to use TestOut for my Linux+ and I am wondering if it is worth the money.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JSN wrote: »
    I know there has been threads on this topic, but I am looking for more updated reviews. TestOut has a service for $79 a month to access their entire cert library. I am looking to use TestOut for my Linux+ and I am wondering if it is worth the money.

Any help would be appreciated

I know this doesn't answer your Q about testout, but I'd go with Linux Academy instead. I believe it's 29 per month or $60 for 3 months if you have a student email.
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JSN: The first certification material I ever used was TestOut and I have always liked them. I really like their lecture, demonstration, notes and labs concept. I have used them for my Windows 10, A+, Net+, Security+ and SSCP certifications. I really liked their Linux+ material and I am going to be using it if I pass the CISSP in April.

For the Server 2012 line of certs, they had a guy named Shad Farrell who is the instructor. I think he is probably about the best online instructor I've seen for any set of videos. If you're going to just use the Linux material, Linux Academy is your best bet. If you plan to use more than one course, I think you will happy with TestOut. Hope that helps!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    used them for 70-410/411. great learning structure with great video lectures, then video demonstrations, then reading, then labs, then quizzes.

I would still add in a textbook as their reading is not very in depth, but enough to get you going and understand the core concepts.

I will be using them for Linux+ next year.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree TestOut.com is awesome, I am using them right now at WGU for Linux+ after getting fed up with uCertify crappy material. I had to request it from my mentor, they call it LabSim. The videos are great, the instructor will keep you awake, and the builtin simulators are really good. This is not even counting the quizzes and practice tests that are included. They have a great learning format.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    I have heard testout is pretty good, the ucertify practice exams are the best for Linux+ though. (WGU)
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems