PT activity stuck at 74%

danuta67danuta67 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
this is a pka file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1J_bf9W3MGPRHFOSTVMbDN5YWs/view?usp=sharing
i configurated everything including no.2. just scroll down until the end.
no. 3 asks to add routes so there is connectivity between the school computers (no default routes). doesn't the router do this without the static routes?
no. 4: add routes so there is connectivity between PC-sysadmin and school computers (just default routes)

PS: 'elev' is 'student' in my language, 'profesor' is 'teacher', and 'secretar' is 'secretary'. i will translate the whole PT activity if you want.

a. why from the PC_elev_5 i can ping/tracert 13.13.13.0 and not 13.13.13.1?
b. why is check results is giving me "This activity is incomplete, please try again." ?

Comments

• dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Context

For reasons unexplained configuration of all network equipment in the school was lost. The only information stored is the IP address of the ISP: 13.13.13.0/30.

signature file

"Signal" PacketTracer file with your name and school belong menu Options-> User Profiles (school writing at additional info). Signing must be done at the beginning because resets all settings.

settings

You have 10.0.0.0/24 address space for the 12 teachers 'computers, 50 computers and 10 computers for students' secretariat. Following subnetărilor unused addresses must be received at the end of the address space. Every first network address used will be used for the router, the second Switch (configure it not only address book), fifth address you use for your computer that contains the number 5, and the last computer user from subnet address last place. Subnetarea will be in descending order of the number of required network hosts. For administrative reasons, a sysadmin wants to connect to remote computers in school. As an admin is not too determined, we should help us to configure their own router as the previous point. ISP's IP address if it is 14.14.14.0/30. For network admin's address space we have available 172.16.15.0/24. The first address in the space will be assigned to the router's admin is connected computer, and your computer's admin will take the tenth of address space received. The first address received from ISP will be used to name the ISP router

Change the name of your router's sysadmin in lazy_bastard

Subnet networks optimally meet the demands so that the description

Add routes so that there is connectivity between computers in school (no default route)

Add routes so that there is connectivity to the system administrator's computer to computers in school (only default routes)

Check connectivity between all devices in the scheme.

Translation to save people time.
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Connectivity looks good. One of the requirements is to assign the switches addresses (second address in the subnet). This doesn't seem to have been done yet.
  • danuta67danuta67 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :) is not "(configure it not only address book)" or "assign IP addresses to switches". is "reserve the second IP for the switchs but don't configure them"
    Context

For reasons unexplained configuration of all network equipment in the school was lost. The only information stored is the IP address of the ISP: 13.13.13.0/30.

signature file

"Signal" PacketTracer file with your name and school belong menu Options-> User Profiles (school writing at additional info). Signing must be done at the beginning because resets all settings.

settings

You have 10.0.0.0/24 address space for 12 teachers' computers, 50 students computers and 10 computers for secretaries. The subneting puts the unused addresses at the end of the address space. Every first usable network address will be used for the router, the second for the Switch (do not configure it, just reserve it), fifth address is for your computer that contains the number 5, and the last computer will have the last IP address. Subneting will be in descending order of the number of required network hosts. For administrative reasons, a sysadmin wants to connect to remote computers in school. As the admin is not too determined, we should help him to configure his own router like in the previous point. IP address of the ISP is 14.14.14.0/30. For network admin's address space we have available 172.16.15.0/24. The first address in the space will be assigned to the admin's router, and the admin's computer's will take the tenth IP address. The first address received from ISP will be used to the ISP router.

1.Change the name of your router's sysadmin in lazy_bastard
    2.Subnet the networks optimally so they meet the demands from the description
    3.Add routes so that there is connectivity between computers in school (no default route)
    4.Add routes so that there is connectivity to the system administrator's computer to computers in school (only default routes)
    5.Check connectivity between all devices in the scheme.

I search on the google why I don't get above that certain %, and is seems that the commands I put in are not exactly identical with the ones they put in the wizard activity. And I need to explain to the kids why is the network acting weird and why not even me can get above 74%.
  • danuta67danuta67 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□