Network + Studying material for sale?

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I'm going to start studying for the new Network+ Exam (already obtain the older cert) but as in the past once I finish the exam I'm stuck with the studying material and it become another item that I have to dust off lol.. Anyone willing to sell me any of there material and recoup some of their money? From what I've read through the forum, Mike Meyer's is one of the better ones.. Any others that you have found helpful to pass the exam are also recommended. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Mike Meyers book.
    Professor Messers free videos is a good source using it in tandem with the net+ objectives list.

I also purchased following software/apps:
    Darill Gibsons mobile app - Has about 250-300 question tests and all well explained why is the correct answer and why some are not. I find it's a good source to review every time you on the go (Bus, train, car) or even when taking a short break and got nothing to do, just take out your phone and do some tests or review the material

Bought the Hands on Lab Sim yesterday so just going through it at the moment but so far it looks like really good stuff to prepare for performance based questions.
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I used Mike Meyers book.
    Professor Messers free videos is a good source using it in tandem with the net+ objectives list.

I also purchased following software/apps:
    Darill Gibsons mobile app - Has about 250-300 question tests and all well explained why is the correct answer and why some are not. I find it's a good source to review every time you on the go (Bus, train, car) or even when taking a short break and got nothing to do, just take out your phone and do some tests or review the material

Bought the Hands on Lab Sim yesterday so just going through it at the moment but so far it looks like really good stuff to prepare for performance based questions.

Thanks for the feedback! I used mike meyers on my Previous certs! Are you still using the book?
  • Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nah I am done with it, will be taking exam next week so I just reviewing from other sources atm
  • edgg51edgg51 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have already the Network+ before, I suggest to watch professor Messer's Videos as @Thoth_Dhwty said, I wouldn't recommend Mike Meyers All-In-One because it covers topics that, I'm assuming, you already know. I bought the bundle from comptia, which includes voucher, exam retake (if you fail the first try), and CertMaster. CertMaster walks you through all of the objectives on the exam by asking you questions like the exam format, and explaining the ones you get wrong. I find it very helpful, specially if you just want to brush up on what's new or have already forgotten.
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    edgg51 wrote: »
    If you have already the Network+ before, I suggest to watch professor Messer's Videos as @Thoth_Dhwty said, I wouldn't recommend Mike Meyers All-In-One because it covers topics that, I'm assuming, you already know. I bought the bundle from comptia, which includes voucher, exam retake (if you fail the first try), and CertMaster. CertMaster walks you through all of the objectives on the exam by asking you questions like the exam format, and explaining the ones you get wrong. I find it very helpful, specially if you just want to brush up on what's new or have already forgotten.

@edgg51 Thanks a bunch for your response! From reading through the forum, i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed as to what material is considered one of the better ones.. I've used mike myers in the the past along with some other material. I understand that you need a few different options to make sure everything is covered. I did also want a retake voucher as I'm hearing this exam is very similar to CCNA exam.. I have 12+ years in IT already so not sure what to believe.. I will look into the bundle from comptia though. Thanks a bunch! Have you passed the exam yourself yet?
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    I don't mean to come off as rude to edgg51, but CertMaster seems to be pretty universally panned from everyone Iv'e spoken with. Even its Comptia Marketplace reviews are pretty negative. I wouldn't recommend it.
    "The winner takes it all"